Maryland

kent manor?

anyone stay there? or eat there?we are having a very small wedding and a sit down dinner rather than a proper reception.thanks :)

Re: kent manor?

• edited December 2011
    I've been there for a wedding - what a beautiful location.  From what I remember, the food was very good.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Kent Manor next May and our families just went to the restaurant a few weeks ago. It's very highly regarded in its own right--and the food was delicious! My fiance doesn't care about the cake, as long as he gets cream of crab soup at the rececption. I had chicken with roasted peaches which was quite tasty; the rockfish and crabcakes were reported to be "very good" (my family is picky). The menu changes with the season but it's nice that the prix fixe menu lets you choose anything on the menu for not a lot of money--go try it out on a date! :)The only thing to make sure of for the wedding is that you plan to meet the minimum food/drink budget--I know it's steeper on a Saturday ($10,000, I believe). That could only apply to the Garden House though. If you were planning on doing the dinner in the restaurant, I don't know if that limitation would even come into play.Good luck planning and let me know if you have any questions!
  • mollyrowemollyrowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Missnaptown-  I'm having my reception at the Kent Manor Inn next May as well.  What is the date of your wedding? I am SO happy to hear you were impressed by KMI's food.  I was a bit concerned after reading a few reviews about poor food there, but it sounds like you had a great experience.  I have hear their crabcakes and purple potatoes are the best! We won't do our tasting and finalizing of the menu until March, but it's great to know you've tasted something and were pleased! Happy wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I never responded--I don't usually check the Annapolis board! We're getting married May 29th (evening).The restaurant reviews are iffy because they have a new chef (for like a year). The Annapolis Capital reviewed him just before we went and they were pretty spot on. If you're in the area I highly recommend stopping by for a bite even before the tasting! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards