Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

New and have a question...

Hi everyone, I am getting married in June. I am very excited and I love looking at all of your married bios and getting ideas. I was just wondering what you walked down the aisle to. I don't want the traditional her comes the bride or bridal march. TIA, Bobbie

Re: New and have a question...

• Haven't done it yet, but I'm walking to Bright Eyes' "First Day of my Life."
  • Tori you and I are are kindred spirits :)  I big puffy heart me some Conor Oberst (see title of my bio).  First Day was a big contender for our first dance but we played it during our dinner hour and we both got all emotional when it came on.Anywho, we walked down the aisle to a piano version of "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. 
  • i think we are doing the chorus to 'can you feel the love tonight' by elton john. we are having a friend play a solo guitar during the ceremony.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had a saxophone player. I walked to an instrumental of Mariah Carey's "My All". It was very different and everyone loved it. Cut and paste this link to here what it sounded like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMF381s-_6Y
  • "From this Moment" by Shania Twain
  • I walked down to traditional Canon in D.  I don't really remember it all that well.  My best friend, however, walked down to "That's how you know it's Love" by Deanna Carter.  It was so fitting!  I will NEVER forget it!  There wasn't a dry eye in the church!  The bride, however, seemed to be the only one who didn't cry because she was just so excited to be getting married that day.  I remember my Best Friends walk down the aisle more than my own!  This was just because her choice of music was so fitting. So the point is - if you aren't afraid or reluctant to sway from traditional music - go for it.  Whatever song is meaningful to you and your DH - use it!  Music is one thing that helps keep these kinds of moments cherished & memorable!  I still can't listen to That's how you know it's Love without tearing up and thinking about my best friends wedding day.
  • I am very untradional too! I'm walking in to "Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain.
  • I walked in to Canon in D, but I love the idea of using The Luckiest... That was our first dance song :)
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Taowensgirl What part of the song did she walk out to? I was thinking about using that song as well it has special meaning with my dad (who has passed away) and it is special to FI and I. Thank you ladies for all of your help and suggestions. You are all so helpful! Bobbie
  • I walked down to At Last by Etta James. It was a toss up between that and Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards