Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

POLL: Wedding Dress size vs. Street Size

I am finding that wedding dresses run significantly smaller than street size clothing. Just wondering if others are experiencing the same. So please share the following:Pants Size:Dress Size:WEDDING Dress sizeHere's minePants size: 12Dress: 10Wedding Dress: 16
Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker

Re: POLL: Wedding Dress size vs. Street Size

• Options
    Pants Size: 8Dress Size: 6WEDDING Dress size: 10it really all depends on all three (bust,waist,hips) measurements then they just alter the dress to fit your body
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my dress came very true to size. Pants size: 2 dress size :2 wedding Dress size: 2 ( watters)
  • Options
    What grace said, too, is totally true.  My dress is big on top and through the waist but I needed a 12 instead of a 10 to accomodate my hips/thighs.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    pants: 4dress:4wedding dress: 6
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pants Size:  3-5  Dress Size:   I don't usually wear dresses, but "small", maybe 2?WEDDING Dress size:  0- I have teeny tiny (nonexistant) hips, no bewbs... pretty much a 12 year old boy
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    Pants Size: 2/4Dress Size: 4WEDDING Dress size: 10
  • Options
    I wear pants size 12 - 14...dress size 12..my wedding dress is a 12 and I was trying on 10s...but I am 5'9" and have ginormous thighs...I was shocked to be wearing size 10 dresses since I heard they run small...
  • Options
      Pants Size: 11 Dress Size: varies depending on if it's fully fitted or like an empire waistWedding Dress: 12It depends on what type of dress you have.I have big hips/booty but my gown is a ballgown, so my hips/booty really don't come into play. My size was just based off of my bust/waist.
  • Options
    Pants Size:6 Dress Size: 12 (I have HUGE boobs--I always have to get the waist altered down quite a few inches) Wedding Dress: 10--and oddly I need it taken in in the bust.   Clothes are weird.
  • Options
    I think it depends on the designer... i ended up in the right ball park. pants size: 6 dress size: 4 Wedding dress: 6
  • Options
    Pants size: 10/12Dress size: 8/10Wedding dress size: 16Women's clothing sizes are so subjective and annoying. Also, my gown is a Maggie Sottero, if that helps.
  • Options
    pants: 8dress:4wedding dress: 10
  • Options
    pants: 8dress:4 or 6wedding dress: 10It isn't that wedding dresses run small, it is that they don't use vanity sizing that stores use.  This gives them more consistency (like how a 2 at the Gap is not a size 2 in Armani or something).  Some designers don't do this, but many do.  Whenever I see girls asking for dresses in certain sizes, I always hope they know how the designers dresses are sized because believe me, if I had ordered my dress in a 6, there is no way I would have come close to fitting in it!
  • Options
    pants: 4dress:6wedding dress: 10
  • Options
    pant size: 6 dress size: 4 weddign dress size: 4 (and had to get it taken in at the waist a bit)
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    Pant size: 4PDress size: 2Wedding dress size: 10!!
  • Options
    Pants- 12Dress- 14/16 (thanks, bewbies)Wedding dress- 14the Maggie dresses I tried on (and the one I ended up getting) were really on the mark with sizing.  My bust size was right in the middle between the size 14 and 16, but my waist/hips were right on target with the 14, so we went with that.
  • Options
    Pants: 6Dress: 10Wedding Dress: 12I have broad shoulders and a huge ribcage :(
  • Options
    It seems for those of us at the larger end of the scale our street size vs. wedding dress size varies more.I wear size 12 pants and 14 dress because of the double DDs. I tried on a size 16 gown which fit very well in the waist and hips but not as well in the bust. The salon took my measurements and ordered the gown in size 20 based on the bust measurements. The gown has come in and it is larger everywhere else but in the bust (halters beware). So what I really needed was a larger cup size. Now I have to go to a corset shop and have a really good corset made to accommodate me so the dress will look the way I want it to.
  • Options
    Pants size: 2 or 4PDress size: 0 or 2 (I'm a pear)Wedding Dress size: 2 petite (Maggie dress)
  • Options
    Pants: 2/4Dress: 2/4Wedding dress: 4I ordered a Casablanca dress - it came in and fit PERFECT - no alterations will be needed. It was the right size in length too, which I was surprised. I am 5-6 and will be wearing a 3inch heel.
  • Options
    Pant: 0 Dress: XS or 0 Wedding Dress: 4 I was actually measured to be between a 2 and a 4 but the dress lady wanted to order it in the bigger size. I'm only 5'0 and I ordered a mermaid dress, so I ordered my dress in a custom length. BTW, my dress is a Casablanca Couture.
  • Options
    thanks for all the feedback ladies!!!!!!!!!
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Pants Size: 6/8 Dress Size:6/8 WEDDING Dress size: 8 I have wide hips and a big a$$, but small breasts...So i had to get a dress that would fit over my hips, and then add cups to fill out the front. This is usually the case for everything. pants especially, which means i have to get every pair i buy hemmed. I'm only 5'.
  • Options
    Pants size: 8/10 Dress size: 8 Wedding dress: 12 Thighs and butt are bigger
    Rebecca & Matt...June 26, 2010 My Bio
  • Options
    Pants Size 8Dress Size 12Wedding Dress 14At David's Bridal I was in like size 8 but the gown I bought is a 14. Like some of the ladies said, it's completely the dress designer/manufacturer as to the sizing. I think DB has their dresses run large for the size to try to flatter the women that try them on.
  • Options
    Linaq5Linaq5 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Pant Size-6Dress Size4/6 (depends on the dress..)Wedding Dress Size- 10 (had to get it taken in a little but not to much)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pants Size: 10Dress Size: 6-8Wedding Dress Size: 6I was actually shocked, I had the demo dress on in the store and it was a 4 and fit perfect.  I was really nervous about buying a dress that small when it was so far off from my normal size, especially since it was fitted from the chest to the knee before it flared...so I ordered the 6.  Aside from the bust needing to be taken in it fit perfect and is just the slightest bit looser around the hips and such.I ordered my dress & bridesmaids from the Forever Bridals line, all the dresses seemed have run large for the girls.  I have two very small friends in the wedding - they both ordered 1's and it needs to be taken in about 2 inches (they are normally about a 4).  I think it depends on the designer and the style of the dress.
  • Options
    Pant size: 8/10 Dress size:6/8 WEDDING DRESS size: 8 My dress is a Maggie Sottero, i think designer has something to do with it too. But most of the size 8 dresses i tried on fit perfectly. 6's were too small, 10's too big
  • Options
    mkkingmkking member
    First Comment
    I bought and Alfred Angelo and I was shocked too Pants: 4 Dress: 2 Wedding dress: 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards