Outdoor Weddings

first post YAY

I had an outdoor wedding..2 pieces of advice:1) HAVE A BACKUP PLAN !!I had a Tropical Storm come through on my wedding day. We had to move inside2) HAVE A LAID-BACK WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS ATTITUDE.No need to cry about something you can't fix.. AKA the weather.  (it was still the best day  of my life.)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: first post YAY

• salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I'm planning an outdoor wedding!!!!11 This post is making me SO INSPIRED!!!!!!1 I am keeping my fingers crossed for no crazy tropical weather that day though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • salt you know I live in St thomas and went to NJ for my Sept wedding to avoid this sort of thing right?    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm having an outdoor wedding and I don't have a back up plan! B!tches can sit in the rain! Really? This board is above P&E on the list? WTF?
  • salt you know I live in St thomas and went to NJ for my Sept wedding to avoid this sort of thing right?OMG, I moved to Southern California three years ago in anticipation of wanting an outdoor wedding!;)
  • Hey ladies! I'm having an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour... in Michigan in June... totally renting a tent b/c it's MI- it wouldn't be TERRIBLY shocking to have hail. (sucky) ::fingers crossed:: that next summer ends up like this one so far, though- it's been beautiful every single Saturday so far this season! (knock on wood- don't want to jinx any weddings coming up lol)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • If it's going to be hot, bottled water and program fans are a nice addition for your guests!! (or at least programs that can act as a fan) ;)
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • If it rains on MY DAY I'm canceling the wedding. Clearly it's a sign that we're not meant to be together.Outdoor weddings!!
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • i'm having an outdoor wedding. it would be extremely rare for it to rain, but my venue does have an inside area if anything were to go wrong.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, I am having an outdoor wedding... in the fall...in Iowa... :-s But we have a ready-made back up in place of inclimate weather.
  • Um ya having an outdoor backyard wedding in Texas  on 9-26-09 with about 150 peps and no backup plan as of yet. Praying there is no *badwords*.  But if it *badword* I have plenty of alcohol to drink my sorrows away....lol.
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    [i]salt you know I live in St thomas and went to NJ for my Sept wedding to avoid this sort of thing right?[/i] OMG NO! I thought you got married in USVI! That's nuts!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LOVE your post!! We are doing an outdoor wedding Florida!!Thanks for your tips!
  • I'm having an outdoor wedding, and I have an A, B and C plan in case it rains. I went to the location yesterday and talked to the lady whose yard/house we are using, and believe me, we went over EVERYTHING. If the weather permits, we will be outside, if  it rains, we will still be outside but we will be under the baloncy. Plan C is, if it storms and the wind is blowing the rain into the baloncy then we will be indoors. I say always have a backup plan...you never know what may take place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards