Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Another cake question...

Currently I'm scheduled to pick up my cake at 7AM on the day of the wedding. I know bakers start early, but I'm thinking they're probably making the cake at least one day prior. I was debating picking the cake up around 4PM the day prior, just to reduce the number of potential issues on the day-of.

If I did this, would the cake still be fresh when it was served at 2PM? Is there anything I can or should do to prolong the freshness of the cake? It'll be coming to me in a standard thin cardboard cake box - if I tape it shut and put it in the fridge, is that enough? If I'm going to change the pickup time, I need to let them know today.

Re: Another cake question...

• I would ask them their thoughts but I do not see you picking it up the evening before to be a problem.  They will most likely make the cake the morning or afternoon before and place it in their refrigerator so I don't see why you picking it up and puttin it in your own refrigerator to be an issue.  I would ask if there is a better way to store the cake then the cake box but again I don't see it being a problem.

I have made homemade cakes many times and they are always fresh the day after I make them and the day after that and the day after that and I usually store them in a glass cake stand so definitely not air tight.

• I agree with asking your baker.  If the box is sturdy enough, you could maybe wrap the boxes thoroughly in plastic wrap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards