Attire & Accessories Forum

POLL: Wedding Dress size vs. Street Size

2»

Re: POLL: Wedding Dress size vs. Street Size

• Mine was the opposite Pants size: 3 Dress size: 2 Wedding dress size: 6
  • Pants: 12Dress: 10Wedding Dress: 10It really depends on the designer. My dress is Mori Lee and they are usually true to size.
  • pants size: 0-1dress size: 0 (x small or small)Wedding dress: 2 Petite from Maggie SotteroI was between a 0 and 2 but just to be safe we ordered the 2. It could be slightly more fitted in the chest, but with pads put in it is fine. I also needed it hemmed but I am very tiny in general.
    BFP#1 12/10/10, EDD 8/16/11 Missed MC found 1/4/11, D&E 1/7/11 First AF after MC 5/7/11 - 120 days! Starting our TTC journey again... PgAL/PAL Welcome
  • Pant size: 8 dress size: 6 Wedding dress size: 12 I am so glad I read on here that they run really small before I tried them on because I would have been really upset if not! When I tried on the sample dress of the one I bought it was a size 6 and I could barely get it on! I think that is soooooo crazy, if they want to make brides happy the sizing should go the other way!!!
  • Mine is a Maggie and fits true to size.Pants size: 12/14 (I'm 6'2'' and have wide hips)Dress Size: 10Wedding Dress Size: 12
  • pants: 2-4 dress: 2-4 wedding dress: 6 most places i shopped told me wedding dresses tend to be a size or two smaller than 'street sizes', and that ended up being true for me
  • Pants Size: 4Dress Size: 4/6Wedding Dress: 6My dress is an Oleg Cassini
  • Pants size: 1/2Dress size: 2Wedding dress size: At one boutique, they wanted to order me a 6 (Designer was Casablanca) because it fit my bust best and take in the waist, but I ended up going with Alfred Angelo and being a perfect 2 with no alterations needed. Strange.
  • Pants Size:14/16Dress Size:14/16WEDDING Dress size: 18
  • Pants Size: 8 Dress Size: 10-12 (I have big boobies so it depends on the cut of the dress) Wedding Dress Size: 14
  • Pants Size: 12-14Dress Size: 12-14 or L/XLWEDDING Dress size: 16. The 14 fit me everywhere really but my boobs. When I had my dress fitting though they took a lot in on my sides.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Pants size: 10 or 12 depending on makeWedding Dress size: 16 womensI have a larger chest and barely any hips so all dresses fit perfect until the last few inches of zipper up the back!  I posted about this and realized that size doesn't matter.  My bust area might be larger but my hip area will be taken in so much that honestly calling the dress a size whatever after alterations is ridculous....it's sized "Christie" don't worry about the number at all!
  • Pants Size: 2Dress Size: 2Wedding Dress: 6
  • dnajmidnajmi member
    First Comment
    Pant size: 8Dress size: 8Wedding dress size: 10I was definitely bummed that the dress had to be ordered bigger than I was but then heard dresses run small, then I felt much better.quezzo, I have almost your exact situation!  My dress fits me like a glove.  I just have to get it hemmed a bit.  They told me not to lose weight because the corset it tied perfectly.  I also want to lose weight for the honeymoon!  That way when I come back from my all incusive honeymoon, I still fit into my clothes  :-)
  • Pants: 8Dress: 8Wedding Dress: 12I would've fit into a 10 but had to go one size bigger to accomodate the St. Pauli girls.
  • Pants Size: 2 Dress Size: Depends...2 or 4 (little waist, no hips or butt, big boobs) Wedding Dress Size: 4, but I was right between the 2 and 4 so I have a lot of alterations to do. The weird thing is that I was in my sister's wedding about a month ago and my bridesmaids dress was an 8!!! The salesperson had to explain to me that wedding party dress sizes are not like regular dress sizes because I was a little upset at having to get the 8. I have lost some weight in preparation for my own wedding, but only 5-7 pounds! Not quite sure how these dresses are actually sized but I guess it depends a lot on the designer....[url=http://<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" rel='nofollow'>www.weddingcountdown.com</a>][img]<a href="http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/7ngojabwk.png" rel='nofollow'>http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/7ngojabwk.png</a>[/img][/url]
  • Pant Size: Generally 4 Dress size: 4 Wedding Dress: 8 Wedding dresses vary greatly by designer are style. You also have to keep in mine that they suggest you go with the largest size that fits because it is easier to pull a dress in then let it out.When I was Measured to order my dress I was 34/26/38.So at Watters my bust and waist would be a size 2 but my hips are a 6, so I would need a 6. Tara Keely my bust and waist are a size 6 and my hips are a 10. Alfred Angelo my bust is a 4, my waist is a 6 and my hips are an 8, so I'd need an 8. Mori Lee (the brand my dress is) my bust is a 6 and my waist and my hips are an 8 so I ordered an 8.
  • Pants Size: 2-4Dress Size: 2WEDDING Dress size: 4 (Maggie Sottero, lace up back)
  • Pants: 4-6 Dress: 4-6 Wedding Dress: 10 - Its a Maggie and it was too big when I first tried it on, after alterations and loosing 10 lbs it now fits me perfectly. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • I think it really depends on the designer. I was so upset when they told me the size of the dress, which fit me perfectly, that I was about to order...pant size=2dress size=2WEDDING dress size=10!!As long as it looks fantastic, it shouldn't matter.. or at least that's what I'm telling myself!
  • the size usually changes because of the size of your bust and not waist, its done like that so the dress can be fitted. pants= 5/6dress= 4wedding dress= 6
  • Ya...my mom made my prom dresses so I'm used to it...the sizing on patterns are very comaparable... Pants size: 4 (5)Dress size: 4Wedding Dress: 6-8  it depends on the style of the wedding dress and the designer...some 6's have fit me perfectly...and some 8's however I seem to fit better in odd number sizes than even...like my bust is a 33, my waist is a about a 25 and my hips are a 35...go figure...if they made a wedding gown in a size 7....can we say no alterations!!
  • Pants Size: 16Dress Size: 14/16 or XLWedding Dress: 16 It is a Sottero Midgley, bust and waist were 14 hips were a 16... It is a bit big around the bust bust
  • I am usually an 8-10 pants, 8 dress, and my dress was 14.  They use your largest measurement between your bust, waist & hips to determine what size to order because it is easier to alter a dress smaller than vice versa.
  • Yes, this is true for me, too.  My dress size is typically an 8, but my wedding dress is a 12. The sizing for wedding dresses seems to be more in line with how sewing patterns are measured.  If you sew and buy patterns, I'm sure you know what I mean.  When I buy patterns for myself, I am a 12.  Thing is, the fashion industry has shrunken women's sizes so women feel "better" about themselves.  What we now call a size 6 wouldn't have been that at all, back in the day.
  • Pants- 2/4Dress- 2Wedding Dress- 6- my chest size pushed up to the 6 and they will have to take the rest in.
  • Pants: 4 Dress: 6 Wedding Dress: 10 I had to get it to fit in the chest, even though the 8 fit me better in the waist. It will have to be taken in.
  • Pants size: 1/2 Dress size: 2/4 Wedding dress size: I ordered a 4, the smallest the company offers, but I know I'm going to have to alter it down, because I lost weight since I ordered it. Le sigh. So much for the cheap alterations for length. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards