Nebraska-Omaha

Spray Tanning

I know there's an Ashley Lynn's post a few posts down, but do they have good spray tanning?  If not, can anyone recommend the best spray tan in Omaha?  I am an adamant wearer of SPF 70+ so no tanning beds for me!  Even with sunscreen, I have a light base tan just from going running outside, which will probably get a bit darker through August.  So, that means I'm going to have minor tan lines on my shoulders and neck which I'd like to hide for the wedding.  Will a spray tan be dark enough to cover them without looking orange?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Spray Tanning

• jasarahjasarah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done the spray tanning at Tan World, and loved it.  Much, much better than the one at A.L.  There are different "levels" of tan that you can get, so talk to the girls to see what they suggest.  I did the darkest, and I was nowhere near orange.  I would think they would cover up the tan lines enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shine Day Spa is amazing!  I am in a similar boat and have very fair skin.  Everytime I need some color I just call and make an appointment.  It is different then Ashley Lynn's or Tan World becuase there is a person that actually air brush sprays you.  You can tell them what kind of color you are looking for and they will help you.  You can range from light to dark.  There website is listed below.  HTH and Good Luck!www.shinedayretreat.com
  • bigfin5bigfin5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Shine Day Spa in Legacy. I went there the day before my wedding and it turned out perfect! It's nice because they spray you and are able to see all the spots and make sure everything looks good. Plus she told me if I wasn't happy with it that I could come back and she would fix any thing. I have done Tan World before and did not like it, I turned out orange and blotchy. HTH :)
  • tarmar81tarmar81 member
    edited December 2011
    BIGFIN!  Oh my gosh, I saw your name on here a few times and didn't even make the connection until now!  I saw some of your wedding pictures on Facebook--you looked beautiful--loved the dress!And thanks for the Shine Day spa recommendation.  I will definitely check them out...I had heard some good things about Tan World but I like the idea of someone actually spray tanning me instead to make sure it's perfect.
  • edited December 2011
    ditto shine spa rave's from pp. I loved the look, people told me it looked like I just went on a cruise. It does rub off on your clothes though, in certain places
  • tarmar81tarmar81 member
    edited December 2011
    Whoa.  For how many days does it rub off?  I'd hate to get it on my wedding dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Since I've got fair skin and always burn, I also get the spray tan at TW every Thursday night so that I've got color for the weekend.  It actually does look real on me.  I get the "premium" spray tan (darkest).  I also have a problem with it coming off on my clothes.  All of the insides of my white shirts take a beating from the spray being sweated off, but some of it does come off after being washed.  Also, the spray tan doesn't seem to last very long on me.  The color usually seems to have completely faded by Mon-Tues.  But, the fake tan gives me a confidence boost, and I've come to terms that I'll probably have tan stains on the inside of my wedding dress but, it beats getting skin cancer!
  • edited December 2011
    Garbos does the airbrush spray tan that works extremely well :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think it rubbed off a little every day, wherever you sweat, and where there is tight contact with shoes. Mine rubbed off onto my flip flops and there was a white Y shape where the tan had transferred to my shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards