Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

NWR: What are you reading?

My little brother gave me a B&N gift card for my birthday...I love having dedicated $ for books!  :)  I have a couple ideas in mind from the Nest Book board, but tell me what you are reading!I'm reading Long Lost, the new Harlan Coben/Myron Bolitar novel.  I have a huge book crush on Myron Bolitar, so I'm enjoying it.  :) 

Re: NWR: What are you reading?

• edited December 2011
    I'm reading Twilight right now. I just read Something Blue. Did you read these ones from Maggie Griffin? (Something Borrowed, Something Blue) They are fun - especially if you are pregs. Firefly Lane is also a recent fave of mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a sucker for fanatsy.  I am in the middle of Assassin's quest and just finished The Riven Kingdom.  There's a couple new books from some of the authors that I normally read that are out now, so I'm planning on picking those up soon.  They are heavy fantasy though, so if it's not you genre, you probably wouldn't care for them. I also managed to pick up Take Charge of Your Fertility on Friday night at B&N and flew through it.  I was finished by Saturday morning.  But, I think you really don't need that book right now :P
  • edited December 2011
    Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.  I love her stuff.  I've read Goodnight Nobody by her, and she wrote In Her Shoes (book to movie with Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette and Shirley McClaine).
  • edited December 2011
    Jennifer Weiner has a brand new one out too that looks pretty good: Best Friends Forever
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not reading anything other than What to Expect, but if you haven't read Something Borrowed and Something Blue, I second that! 
  • hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colleen, I LOVE Jennifer Weiner's stuff.  Good in Bed in hilarious and the sequel to it (the title is escaping me) is really good, too!  She has a new book out that I've been eying for a while. KR - I just finished Vision in White by Nora Roberts and I really, really enjoyed it.  I started reading My Horizontal Life - A book of one night stands by Chelsea Hander.  Kwynn suggested it a while ago and it's pretty funny. Raunchy, but funny.  I also have Firefly Lane and An American Wife on my TO READ list.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm reading Twilight right now. I just read Something Blue. Did you read these ones from Maggie Griffin? (Something Borrowed, Something Blue) They are fun - especially if you are pregs. Firefly Lane is also a recent fave of mine.Read 'em all, except the latest Giffin - I think it is Love the One Your With?  Maybe I'll pick up that one.  How are you liking Twilight?
  • edited December 2011
    Jenn, I loved Vision in White also. :)  And get yourself some Firefly Lane. SOO good.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually enjoying Twilight. Was convinced that I would hate it. I recommend it so far. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I also have some money to spend at B&N, and I have two flights in the near future that would be helpful to have some books to read!! I want to get Time Traveler's Wife and I am not sure what else. At this moment, I plan on reading Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett. I think she has a new book out also...I got for Xmas but was still in grad school so could not read it! I refuse to read Twilight, lol.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have read Good In Bed, but not a sequel or Best Friends Forever.  I'll have to look into those. Vision In White is on my list too.  :)JBee, I read Bel Canto and I really enjoyed it.  I'll have to look for Patchett's new one.  And the Time Traveler's Wife was one of my all time favs - everyone should read it before the movie comes out! 
  • edited December 2011
    Twilight is fabulous.  A fun, easy read.  Definitely recommend it!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    KR - Glad you liked Bel Canto! It was recommended to me by my communication instructor from college! Ann Patchett has a few ones out :-)I definitely plan to finish Time Traveler's Wife before we see the movie!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    If you liked Twilight, I highly recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I'm on the fourth book right now. I'm not sure if you've watched True Blood on HBO, but the show is based off the books. I loved Twilight, but was slightly disappointed that some of it seemed sugar coated for young readers. You can get the first seven books in a box set from Amazon for around $30.
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently finished Vision in White & My Sister's Keeper (which I remember you say you read). I'm now reading Mr. Maybe, but I've hit a brick wall...mostly reading mags the past couple weeks. My concentration is nil lately.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just read "Vision in White" by Nora Roberts.  It took me a a month to get through this boring book.  Has got to be the most boring book ever.  I'm not reading anything now but have to find something to read at the airport for vacation in a couple weeks. I'll check back here later to see what you guys suggest.
  • edited December 2011
    Dori--Mr. Maybe is fun.  I love the Jane Green books, but Jemima J by far is my favorite.We have a "library" in the office upstairs--all the girls bring in their cheap paperbacks and we just share and when we're done, we bring them back and have new ones to pick from. The Jane Green and Jennifer Weiner are usually the top gets.
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colleen, I loved Jemima J, too. Such a cute story.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Kelly Rose - I can send you Vision in White and Certain Girls (the sequel who's title I couldn't think of) if you want me to, that way more bang for your bucks!  Er... more bang for your giftcard? lol

Married 9/19/09

• edited December 2011
    I loved Vision in White!I am taking a break from reading, but plan on grabbing Time Traveler's Wife and the two new Sophie Kinsella (from Shopaholic) books for the HM. I forget the titles, but they are on the Target book club. One of them is written under her pseudonym Madeline Wickham.
  • edited December 2011
    I just finished the last Twilight book late last night.  I'm sad that it's over.  :(  I still want an Edward t-shirt because even though I'm in my 30's, I like how he looks! Next I'll probably go back to book 5 of the Outlander series.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited December 2011
    What about 19 Minutes by Jodi Piccoult, KR?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, thanks Jenn!  I'd love that.  I was kinda on the fence about Vision in White.  I'll send a book or two your way when I return them too!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm kindof a nerd.  I like to read scientific based books, or just anything that I can learn something from.  So I'm reading "The End of Overeating"  I also just got done reading "Evolving in Eden" I also like to read philisophical books like "A New Earth"You  girls prolly haven't even heard of those books, but they are all good, IMO.
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Nineteen Minutes. My favorite of the Picoult books!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Myron bolitar too:-)  Twilight was good, if you want a more adult Vampire series I've been reading the Anita Blake series by Laurell Hamilton-they are pretty good.  My library has them on CD too, so I listen to them while driving back and forth to Md/Pittsburgh.  A great book is I loved, I lost, I made Spaghetti.  It's about this woman who is unlucky in love, but through it all she can make some darn good meals!  (recipes included!)  Another great series is the Tea Shop Mysteries.  I enjoy them, plus there are great recipes in those as well.  hmmm..  I have to tell you, since I don't work summers, I read abotu a book a day, so I could just go on and on and on.  If you like Harlan Coben, have you tried Robert B. Parker?  His Spencer novels are pretty good.HTH!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed 19 Minutes too - highly recommend.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I love the Sookie Stackhouse books too.  FI and I watched the Tru Blood series and he actually enjoyed it!
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Charlaine Harris books.  I finished book 8 of the Sookie Stackhouse series last week.  I read all 8 books in under a month.  I was able to borrow them from a friend so I just went from one to the next.  I guess I must be on a vampire kick after Twilight because I am also just about to finish book 5 in the House of Night series by P.C. & Kristin Cast.  Its YA like twilight but a little steamier.I read American Wife this summer too and it was also a good one.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I also have the set for the Sookie books, haven't read any yet.  And Mel - I just finished the last book (that is out) of the House of Night series like 2 weeks ago.  It was definitely my after Twilight vampire fix. haha.

Married 9/19/09

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards