California-Orange County

Bridesmaid dresses different styles??? Your Opionion Requested

Hi! I'm having a  December Winter Wedding in Huntington Beach and trying to decide on Bridesmaid Dresses. We are wanting affordable (since they might not wear it again)...and thinking of Davids Bridal.(1) What do you think of Davids Bridal for Bridesmaid Dress?(2) What do you think about 4 girls same color, different style?(3) If different style, should it be the same lenght?What will look good and keep them happy?WHAT'S your thoughts??

Re: Bridesmaid dresses different styles??? Your Opionion Requested

• Khimes7Khimes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of different styles, I think it lets the girls' show their personality and they can pick something they feel comfortable/confident in. My girls are wearing Aria dresses, I just picked the color and they could pick any short style they wanted. I think if you let them pick their own, you should go with all the same length. Sorry, no help on the David's Bridal question!
  • darthsummerdarthsummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a WONDERFUL idea! That was my original plan, however we discoveed that if we ordered a single dress vs. a larger order, we were charged $150 extra for a "single dress order" vs. the 10% discount for ordering all of them [its a standard discount, so ask about that as well]. You can always find a color and have them go to a Macy's or J Crew or something as well... if its a basic color. I had a friend do that in black and it looked great even though they were different fabrics. That may have just been the few shops I went to, but ask that around if you can find otherwise! So... 1 - I haven't used them, check projectwedding for reviews at your local store. 2 - I think its GREAT3 - I think it depends on the size of your party. I have 9, so I was going to go with their choice of length b/c I would have had at least 2 dresses in each length so no one would have stood out. If I had a smaller party, where just one girl was floor length I would've felt bad. If its cocktail vs. tea I think they are close enough it wouldn't look weird with one person sticking out. HTH!
    Lawyer/Mediator, Realtor... now preparing for the most important job of all: Mom! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Soon2BeENRSoon2BeENR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I've been in a wedding where we used David's Bridal dresses.  They were super easy to work with, especially for someone out of town.  I personally did not like their options; they all looked like bridesmaids dresses.  For my wedding, we went with Alfred Angelo.  They have a TON of different dresses, they all come in 55 colors, and I thought they were way prettier 2) I had my 4 girls in the same color dress, but different style. I asked them to keep in tea-length (calf-length), and it looked great.  They each got a dress to compliment their body type, and to be honest, I didn't even notice them as I walked down the aisle.  I'm so glad I didn't stress too much about what they looked like
  • jaejaeveejaejaevee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  We used DB.  It was easiest for my girls - they all found something they liked. 2.  We did that, except I had more girls.  We had a couple of duplicates, but that was fine. 3.  Definitely the same length.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of 4 girls different style dress. I recently Googled custom wedding dresses and I found many sites that offer inexpensive custom dress designs in matching colors. Your bridesmaids will appreciate this:Sherryhttp://pinkcalyx.wordpress.com/jewelry-how-to-wear-it/
  • uppsiedaisyuppsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I think it is a great idea to have different dresses in the same color! I love how it showcases each girls personality. I would not rec. David's Bridal. I have gone in the one in Costa Mesa several times to try to get a bridesmaid dress and not only was I not helped but they were rude! I tried to give it one more shot for my wedding and it was the worst retail experience of my life. I went to Alfred Angelo because I didn't want my girls to have to go through what I did. You should check out Alfred Angelo. Good Luck!
  • Jamie FeerJamie Feer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My two MOH have found dress that they liked at Davids Bridal. I especally love the idea of all the girls choosing their own dresses. its showes there personality and style. I would say that you choose the color and choose the length and have them go wild
  • edited December 2011
    (1) If you find what you like at DB, it works pretty well.  We went with DB because that was easiest and because we were looking for something inexpensive (most of the girls' dresses were $80).(2) Different styles same color works great.  We sorta did that, and I just went to a wedding where that was the case.  The bridesmaids loved that they could all wear something that was flattering for them.(3) Normally I would say go with the same length, but it probably doesn't matter too much.  One of my BMs is Muslim, so she ordered a long dress and had a jacket made to match.  All the other girls ended up picking the same style tea length dress from DB.  They were all different heights and so the dress looked long on some, tea length on others.  I don't think it looked bad, but by the day-of I wasn't terribly picky about the dress lengths - just as long as they all looked nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards