Indiana

Poll: Wedding Nails

What do you girls plan on doing / have you done for your wedding day nails? Recommendations and regrets are welcome too! And for you girls with the beautiful, strong, natural nails...I deeply envy you!I am not sure what I'm going to do and murphy's law says even with my best efforts at trying to grow my peeling thin nails at least one will break the day of.
imageimage
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Poll: Wedding Nails

• jessicravensjessicravens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with my natural nails... either clear polish or french manicure.  I am using oil to keep them healthy in the mean time.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp.  I tried acrylic nails once for a prom.  I cried taking them off it hurt so bad!
  • Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably have a french manicure painted on my nails.  Not sure yet, my wedding is in May. I've always heard that eating jello will make your nails stronger and healthier.  It is the gelatin that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate my own nails.  They can grow long but they break easily, and I don't want to worry about that on my wedding day.  So I'm going to get French tips put on for the wedding.  Right before our engagement pics in May I had some put on and have been keeping up with them, getting them filled and getting them replaced once.  I really like them but I'm not sure I'll keep up with it after the wedding, seems like an unnecessary expense.
  • edited December 2011
    I did acrylic and loved it.  I have a small nail bed, so I went 4 weeks before had a set put on and did a fill and file down the day before. After the honeymoon, I went and had the lady take them off for me.  It was pretty painless that way and she didn't charge much to do it. 
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just had my natural short nails painted a neautral tanish color.  I think there's a pic in my married bio of our hands next to my bouquet where you can see my fingernails.  I think it's best to look like yourself on your wedding day.  If you don't normally have long nails or fake nails, you don't need them just because you're getting married.  A nice manicure with a natural polish or french will look great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with PP! I will be doing my nails cut short and the color I only wear- a deep dark plummy color. It "goes" with my wedding colors and date (March) and it's ME! I will ask my BM's to do it too, goes with their black dress and more modern feel.
  • pinwheelpinwheel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will just get either a light pale natural pink, or do a french manicure on my natural nails. I didn't used to have great nails, but I use OPI Nail Envy and it REALLY helps.  Much cheaper than buying a set of nails!Invest in a bottle before you get fake nails.
  • divadivine25divadivine25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used gel nails and did regret having them since they damage your natural nails, but they were beautiful for the wedding!Medium length with a french manicure. You can also return to the spa and have them removed to avoid the pain.
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to think I wanted fake nails. But, I've seen how they mess up your nails once they come off. I think my nails are nice enough to wear a pale pink polish or do a french manicure.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree about the fake nails (I called 'em fakies back in the day)... my nails are permanently damaged because of them. I wore them in middle school and high school on and off, and my beautiful nails- long nailbeds, very arched, are now more brittle and flat, nothing I can do changes it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards