African American Weddings

Boudoir Pics- NSFW

I see that many of you are giving your FI b-pics as a wedding day gift.  I am also, and I am in the midst of scheduling my session for mid-January.  I am scared b/c:

1) I have never gotten naked/near naked with a stranger!
2) I have never taken naked pics at all
3) I'm worried that my body will not look as great as I want it to
4) I'm worried that I won't have the "sexy look" down and my facial expressions will just look strange or mad in the pics
5) I'm worried that the photographer (man) will make me feel uncomfortable
6) I don't know how much he'll be able to photoshop without it looking obvious!  LOL
7) I am going to feel somewhat like a prostitute b/c I'm getting a hotel room for the "day rate" - LOL
8) I am sneaking around behind FI's back b/c he doesn't know anything about this
9) I don't know if the lingerie I have so far is sexy enough...
10) I want to get my hair done and have it flowin and swangin (LOL) but I also wanted a shower shot with the wet hair, wet body, the whole 9.  So now I'm like  do I pay to get my hair done and then just get it wet within a day????  Decisions, decisions!

So now that I've vented all of my fears - what are your fears about your upcoming b-pic session?  And I've posted pics below that I love and I'm using for inspiration - please post yours!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer will more than likely be a female, so I think I'ma feel homosexual! lol. And my other thing is I'm scared I'ma be looking like a fatty girl.

About your hair... why don't you just do it so that you won't be pissed to get it wet. At least you won't be out of money for getting your hair done. And LOL @ your day rates! hahaha. My b-pic photog has a studio, thank GOD!!!

This is the photog I plan to use: http://www.loveleeboudoir.com/#
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ty - I never thought about the homosexual thing with a woman photographer!!  LOL!!  That is true though...you're going to be doing all of your sexy moves in front of a female!  LOL!  Surprised  Embarassed

Yeah girl, between now and mid-Jan I need to be working my butt off at the gym and drinking smoothies as a meal at least once a day.  I will also drink more water to flush out my system.  I wish we had a Frederick's store here!  We had one in the mall in Atlanta and I really want to go and try some stuff on vs. buy it online.  I think I'm going to Charming Charlie's to buy some costume type jewelry -- is it bad if I return it after the session?  LOL!! 
    edited December 2011
    Oh and your boudoir photographer looks GREAT! 
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe you can find a woman photog? The one I'm using is a lady and she has a studio set up like a hotel room, she said you can rent a room if your not comfortable coming to her home studio.

I'm nervous of someone seeing me near naked. I've started planning my outfit choices. I'm also taking my cousin with me because I'm so comfortable around her, maybe she will help loosen me up.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:c0bc45c2-dd9c-423b-9694-f7fb61d04056">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ty - I never thought about the homosexual thing with a woman photographer!!  LOL!!  That is true though...you're going to be doing all of your sexy moves in front of a female!  LOL!    Yeah girl, between now and mid-Jan I need to be working my butt off at the gym and drinking smoothies as a meal at least once a day.  I will also drink more water to flush out my system.  I wish we had a Frederick's store here!  We had one in the mall in Atlanta and I really want to go and try some stuff on vs. buy it online.  I think I'm going to <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FF0000"><strong>Charming Charlie's to buy some costume type jewelry -- is it bad if I return it after the session?  LOL!! </strong></font>
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Thought about doing that with my e-pic jewelry!!! LOL!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Do they have an Intimacy there? They have cute stuff... but it's a million dollars. lol. Don't over think your sexy clothes. FI won't know the difference, all he'll probably see is your skin anyway! Get some Vickie's Secret and that should be good enough. And grab one of his button up shirts and a tie. BAM! That's 2-3 outfits!</div>
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does he have a favorite football team Cincy? I'm doing a Redskins jersey with some boyshorts as one of my outfits, it will have two of his fav things in the pic besides me..... redskins and boyshorts!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:30999313-0dba-41f9-a32f-d2b06c7dbfd6">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you can find a woman photog? The one I'm using is a lady and she has a studio set up like a hotel room, she said you can rent a room if your not comfortable coming to her home studio. I'm nervous of someone seeing me near naked. I've started planning my outfit choices. I'm also taking my cousin with me because I'm so comfortable around her, maybe she will help loosen me up.
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

I wish my photographer had a home studio, that would be nice!  But then again, he is doing them for free, so I still think I'm paying less even with getting the hotel room.

I think I'm going to stick with him, being that he is free.  :)  I was thinking I may have my best friend come visit from Milwaukee so she can be there and make me feel comfortable.  That's a great idea.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:1c9a7120-a8bd-48df-a651-63f3b7c06aad">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW : Thought about doing that with my e-pic jewelry!!! LOL!!! Do they have an Intimacy there? They have cute stuff... but it's a million dollars. lol. Don't over think your sexy clothes. FI won't know the difference, all he'll probably see is your skin anyway! Get some Vickie's Secret and that should be good enough. And grab one of his button up shirts and a tie. BAM! That's 2-3 outfits!
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Naw girl, there is no Intimacy here.  I went to the one in Atlanta to get sized, and it was a great experience...but I didn't buy anything but one bra b/c they are soooo expensive!  We do have a Vickie's Secret actually right across the street from FI's house so I will check that out.  I already bought one thing at Target on clearance (LOL, but it is pretty sexy!) and one thing from a store here in Cincinnati called Knickers that does all lingerie and had been mentioned on my local board a lot.  They are expensive too, but I was able to find one thing under $40.  

I like the button up shirt idea...and I'm slick b/c I just asked FI if he thought women in men's button down shirts is sexy, and he said yes!  Then I asked about the tie and he said "no tie".  It's so funny, he didn't even ask me what I was asking for!  LOL
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:dd3a53da-7cea-450b-aea3-9e6f3f5f94ae">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does he have a favorite football team Cincy? I'm doing a Redskins jersey with some boyshorts as one of my outfits, it will have two of his fav things in the pic besides me..... redskins and boyshorts!
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

Yeah, FI loves all things Detroit, so I found this Detroit shirt online for some cheap price and bought it.  It has a deep scoop neck and it's a XS, so it's extra tight and makes my boobs pop out the top (with no bra!)...sorry if that's TMI but I know that's what FI will love about that shot!  :)   Now I just need to find some cute panties to go with it.  The shirt is navy, red and white so I need one of those colors...I may try to find a pair of navy lace panties to match.
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:dfd59dd2-ee48-4181-9b7e-0021fb4a5503">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW : Naw girl, there is no Intimacy here.  I went to the one in Atlanta to get sized, and it was a great experience...but I didn't buy anything but one bra b/c they are soooo expensive!  We do have a Vickie's Secret actually right across the street from FI's house so I will check that out.  I already bought one thing at Target on clearance (LOL, but it is pretty sexy!) and one thing from a store here in Cincinnati called Knickers that does all lingerie and had been mentioned on my local board a lot.  They are expensive too, but I was able to find one thing under $40.     I like the button up shirt idea...and I'm slick b/c I just asked FI if he thought women in men's button down shirts is sexy, and he said yes!  Then I asked about the tie and he said "no tie".  It's so funny, he didn't even ask me what I was asking for!  LOL

<div>Your FI is great for asking no questions! Mine would have asked a bazillion questions! lol. I know you'll be hot in whatever you wear! GET IT GIRL! I have no idea what I'm wearing. Whatever it is, I need to be 10 lbs lighter!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I plan to do boudoir pics as well. All of the above....I am nervous about. I don't have a poker face. So if I feel uncomfortable, it will show. I'll try too hard to be sexy & end up looking like a psycho. Wow....I gotta start practicing now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:c0bc45c2-dd9c-423b-9694-f7fb61d04056">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ty - I never thought about the homosexual thing with a woman photographer!!  LOL!!  That is true though...you're going to be doing all of your sexy moves in front of a female!  LOL!    Yeah girl, between now and mid-Jan I need to be working my butt off at the gym and drinking smoothies as a meal at least once a day.  I will also drink more water to flush out my system.  <strong>I wish we had a Frederick's store here!</strong>  We had one in the mall in Atlanta and I really want to go and try some stuff on vs. buy it online.  I think I'm going to Charming Charlie's to buy some costume type jewelry -- is it bad if I return it after the session?  LOL!! 

<span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial;"><font color="#000000">There is a </font><span style="color:#1f1f1f;">Frederick's in Northgate Mall….At least I’m sure I seen one…I really want to get some b-pics done to but I have a lot of the same fears as you… but only since I’m small I think I will look like I’m sick or something…lol….idk hopefully I will build up the courage and get them done….by the way…who doing yours?<span>  </span>Free is I’m my price range…LOL…</span></span>
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Hotrocker is right, there's one in Northgate. I just looked it up on their website. And they have some CUTE stuff! And I'm NOT a lingerie girl!

I HAVE to get this
  • hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh..That is CUTE!!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    THANKS hotrocker and Ty!  That is awesome!  I don't know where Northgate is (LOL - still new to Cincinnati) but I will get my GPS hooked up and make my way there!  I am sooo excited, I may need to take a trip this weekend if the snow melts... :) 

Ty about my hair - OK don't laugh but I don't straighten my own hair.  It's too hard, too time consuming, and it's just too thick for me to mess with it like that.  So if I don't get it done, then it will be worn curly...LOL!  Which actually FI loves, my hair is curly now and he told me how good I look, so maybe that will work out....we'll see. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:ae2059c9-f932-4042-8d2a-f71d98a68881">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hotrocker is right, there's one in Northgate. I just looked it up on their website. And they have some CUTE stuff! And I'm NOT a lingerie girl! I HAVE to get this
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

That's HOT!!  I might have to bite!!! 
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Girl, you betta rock your hair curly then! And go ahead and get it! We can both rock it! Both Frederick's here in Houston are not close to me, but I'll make the trip.
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ladies ever done a pole dancing class? It starts off weird and then brings out the sexy. I will def go to one near my b-pics just to practice my sexy and take the edge off.
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_boudoir-pics-nsfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:adf8718e-468b-47bd-b483-b5cab195a6f6Post:d6cc1ee5-355a-427e-bc66-614f0d7313de">Re: Boudoir Pics- NSFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ladies ever done a pole dancing class? It starts off weird and then brings out the sexy. I will def go to one near my b-pics just to practice my sexy and take the edge off.
    Posted by TNMurray[/QUOTE]

My co-worker went and said it was fun. I want to do it, but with my sucky work schedule, IDK when I'll ever be able to.
    edited December 2011
    I did a one-time pole dance class as part of my best friend's bachelorette party.  It was soooo fun, but hard work too - we were literally sweating at the end!  We had a great time and also had to learn how to do lap dances, and that helped with feeling comfortable being sexy.  The only weird thing is we had to do the lap dances for each other (fully clothed) b/c we had no men there!  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Have a glass of wine to unwind and then relax or your pics are gonna come across as tense....Remember, our men knows what our bodies look like already (I'm assuming here, so sorry if he doesn't) so don't stress! I'm sure he'll appreciate you taking the risk to be risque Wink 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You ladies have really made me think about something like that....WONDERFul idea.
    image114 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 7 Will be missing out!
    RSVP Deadline May 11th 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This post just helped me work up a little nerve. I am going to ask my photographer about doing a session. She helped me relax for e-pics so maybe, just MAYBE, she can get a decent b-session out of me.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards