Canada

OK, I gotta ask... Royal Wedding?

Did any of you watch it? What did you think?

I was really turned off by all of the coverage leading up to this day and I initially wasn't planning on watching it. But yesterday when they released the wedding program, I took a look and decided that I was interested in the music.

I thought it was an absolutely beautiful wedding! All of it... her dress, the guests' fabulous hats (except for Princess Beatrice's hat - wtf? I thought it looked like poo... DH thought it looked like a giant, um, vag), the WP attire, the music, the vows, reading and sermon. I can't wait to see more pics of the details.
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: OK, I gotta ask... Royal Wedding?

• edited December 2011

I really wasn't interested in it at all either until last night I caught some pre wedding coverage, and it hit me then how huge this really is!

I still didn't stay up to watch the wedding, however I've been catching up on a lot of stuff today!  I think I'm in love with Kate Middleton!

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I normally wake up at 5:15, so I was up anyway eating breakfast.  I turned it on just before 6, which was perfect timing to see everyone enter, Kate's dress, and the main ceremony.  I left during the readings and singing and looked up pictures when I got home.  Hey - it's not every day a girl becomes a princess!  It was fun to watch - brought memories back of my own wedding! :)
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was super excited when they first got engaged, but also got turned off pre-wedding because everyone overkilled it. I watched the entire ceremony etc. after work on Friday; couldn't wake up so early!

Kate looked beautiful AS ALWAYS, the only thing I could say is that she looked how she always does, except wearing a wedding dress. I don't know if I mean that in a good way or bad way - good because she always is gorgeous but bad because this was her wedding day (royal at that) and she should have looked even more amazing than usual. Lol.

Overall, loved everything, especially seeing what lip readers translated!!! Did you guys see that?

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also turned off by the media hype but on that day I was glued to the TV.  I could only imagine what thoughts were going through her head.  She looked absolutely beautiful.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cutie+lovecutie+love member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same! I want a dress like that.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was getting ready for work so I turned on the tv.  It was very beautiful.  I really enjoyed it.  There was WAY too much coverage leading up to but it was quite a nice affair.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Bett2012Bett2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was happy and sad at her dress... happy because I love the style and was considering something like that (opaque strapless with lace overlay for some type of sleeve) and now stores might actually make them in time for me... .but sad because i can see it becoming the latest "trend" :P

The only thing I wasn't a fan of was her hair/veil.. it was lovely when the veil was over, but when she flipped it back it was nunnish looking to me (my family disagreed with me :P)

It was a beautiful wedding though, and I loved that they snuck two kisses on the balcony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards