Kentucky

Florist Recommendation

My daughter's wedding was this past Saturday, and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony and reception.  We want to pass on how awesome Charlie and Flower Studio was; they are awesome!  Flower Studio is the best deal in town, and their flowers were absolutely beautiful.  Charlie really worked with us to keep prices down, gave us ideas on things we could do ourselves, and even rents vases, votives etc., too. 

Re: Florist Recommendation

• edited December 2011
    Where are they located?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kboyd2125kboyd2125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they are on Baxter Avenue, right down from Phoenix Hll Tavern.  Phone is 502-584=0034, have had them in my cell phone for a while now!
  • edited December 2011
    What other vendors did your daughter use?  I'm sure the newbies would appreciate some feedback.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Beha Catering, and they were awesome too.  Their package includes the cake, and they let us have the chocolate fountain(and at her recommendation, she pre-dipped in chocolate a bunch of goodies for those that don't want to mess with the dipping) as one of our food items.  They will also bartend the alcohol you buy yourself for cheap!  Lynda Beha and the other folks at Beha were wonderful.We had the reception at the Old Louisville Medical School building. Price-wise they were good, but they are very unyielding on their rules (when the vendors can come in, etc), and while the event coordinator was very nice, the building director was not nice at all.  We paid to have the rooms on Friday in order to decorate, and the smaller room wasn't broken down and she said it wouldn't be until after 12pm(even though I paid to have it ready to go so we could decorate at 10am).  We took down the chairs and tables ourselves and the building director was very annoyed with us.  I think their facility is nice for the price, but she sure left us with a bad last impression.www.theamericanwedding.com was great for invitations and their customer support folks were very nice and answered all of our questions including wording for divorced parents, etc.  We bought cardstock for the programs and  favor boxes at Michael's (get their coupons out of the newspaper and have several people go in and use them to get all your stuff!), Liquor Barn gives double case discounts on Tuesdays (if you are buying a lot, ask if they can give you a better discount; they did for us).  www.freshrosepetals.com provided our rose petals (Charlie at Flower Studio suggested I could them cheaper on my own, how's that for an accomodating florist??); we had them delivered on Thursday and stuck them in the fridge and they were beautiful on Saturday evening. My daughter didn't like the look of the candleabras for the front of our church, so we did votives all the way across the front and even on the ledge in front of the baptismal, and it was beautiful(rented them from Flower Studio!). We rented vases for 1/3rd of our reception tables, filled them with limes, then water, and a floating candle on top, with votives and rose petals around them. Beautiful! Got the limes at Passafiume's Fruit Market ($19 for a 40 lb case - how much are we overpaying at Kroger??), rented the vases from Flower Studio. Another 1/3rd was a silk arrangement we found at Coldwater Creek of all places; placed on framed mirrors with candles and rose petals, and Flower Studio did the other 1/3rd of the tables so we really kept our cost down.  I'm happy to give any other info, as you can see it's fresh in my mind and we had a ball!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, almost forgot to tell you about Powell Creative Photography. They are wonderful and so accomodating!  Haven't seen our proofs yet but I know they will be amazing; I've seen pics of several friends that have used them and they are wonderful.  Check them out at www.powellcreativephotography.com. They are a husband and wife team, and we practically forgot they were at the reception, they put you so at ease.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards