California-Los Angeles
Options

the nerves...too soon?

So last night FI were talking about how the year is done in 4 months! (man does time fly) He was telling me that I should start throwing things away that I dont want so whenwe bring our stuff together there isnt so much junk. I'm a HUGE procrastinator . I love leaving things to the very end lol Anyway...so he is telling me so at the beginning of the year I think it will be time to register and you should be looking for your dress and whatever else you need. So I start processing all of this in my head...the end of the YR is in 4 months and that makes is January and then 9 months for the wedding...HOLY MOLY...I'm getting married!!!! For instant, I got nervous! Like time is flying and when I least expect it the big day will be here!!!! Am I overreacting?? Is this normal? Just felt like sharing since its been so quite here!

Re: the nerves...too soon?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The time will fly by, believe me. Even so, you still have more than a year before your wedding. You have plenty of time to get everything done, but you may want to avoid procrastinating as much as possible. Try not to get nervous yet, you have plenty of time to do everything. This is the time that should still be stress and drama free, enjoy it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right! I should enjoy the time I have and enjoy the planning process. Ok the procrastination is out the door :) Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I;m feeling the same way and I still have 9 1/2 months.  We had a year and a half engagment and it's crazy how the time passes.  I have mini freak out moments when I wonder if we should postpone the wedding so that I can feel more prepared but I think that everyone has these moments of stress or anxiety.  Don't worry though, it's going to fly by but be fun at the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way when we were over a year out and now we are at 2 months!! I still can't believe just how fast this year has gone by. We got a lot of things done or decided early so now we are in pure execution mode. Just a couple of ideas changed. If you can have a plan pulled together now, the year will flow by and you just execute the decisions! Don't worry, it's totally normal to feel this way but like others said this is the time to be completely drama and stress free.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, you are not overacting.  Shortly after booking our reception venue, I went into planning overload.  Deep down I know it is because I knew I would feel better knowing that I had booked everything and I that didn't have another thing to worry about at the last minute.You are lucky that your FI is reminding you to do all of these things.  Mine is totally clueless as to how much I am thinking about all these details, and he often complains that the wedding is all I talk about(which isn't true, but I know it will be one of my main worries for the next year, aside from moving and where we will live).  I am freaking out because I still have to get my final bridesmaid, and then I have to visit each one individually to help them get a dress because they all live in different cities.  One of the major things I am dreading is getting all my bridesmaids together under one roof.  It is seriously going to be like herding cats.  And I still have to remind my FI to finalize his groomsmen.I found that even when I was meeting with vendors and discussing the details of our wedding there was still this little voice inside me that was like "OMG! No freaking way I am getting married!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards