North Carolina
Options

Vent!

Does anyone else have a problem with people who, magically come back into your life when something big happens? I'm on facebook and I get a message from a lady who I was friends with in High school. We were best friends and when I got together with Chris (we're high school sweethearts) she didn't like him, and refused to be my friend until we broke up. Well not she has discovered that we are getting married and is brown nosing asking if she is invited or if she is a brides-maid? WHAT?! I haven't talked to her in years. Brides-maid really? Okay, I'm done lol.

Re: Vent!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know a girl like this, but it's only been big events happen in HER life, which is almost even more annoying.For example, I hadn't heard from the girl in over 5 years, and we hadn't really had a conversation in 10.  But as soon as she was engaged she was inviting me to her bridal shower and wedding.  And just by the way she was treating everything it was very obvious that the only reason for it was to "show off" that she was getting married before everyone else in our circle of friends.Since she has gotten married I haven't heard from her again.  I didn't even get a thank you card for the gifts I gave her.  But apparently she's on the rise again!  My friend getting married in September is in that same circle, and she decided to invite this girl to her wedding for some reason.  I think she's being awfully nice personally.  So she gets an email from the girl and it goes, "Oh, that's nice you're getting married.  My husband and I are trying to get pregnant!" and then it went on for over a page about her baby aspirations!  So I'm expecting I'll get a baby shower invite in the near future even though she never talks to any of us :/
  • Options
    jlindsey923jlindsey923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh. That reminds me so much of her. When I first got my car in high school, she went out with her college money and bought the exact same one. When I moved out of my parents and in with Chris she did the same with her boyfriend. When I got engaged, she magically got engaged to some dude I've never met. And she even is planning her wedding the same month as me and possibly at the same venue?! Maybe its just me but thats fucking annoying lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to do my part in this dilemma by not inviting those types of people. If you get invited to others' events like this, don't go - don't encourage this behavior. I think at some point we've got to recognize that some people just aren't in our lives anymore and that's ok. If they want to throw a hissy fit about not being invited, so be it. My mom gave me a hard time for not inviting certain people to our wedding and said would you be upset if you didn't go to theirs? Well no...so I won't invite them. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with Ashley....i think eveyone has someone that just pops out of no where over nosiness when something big happens in thier life, just dont invite them and limit what information you do share with them to a minimum.
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Her behavior sounds a little 'Single, White, Female'-ish.  I would totally not invite her... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also...if she is mirroring everything you are doing then definately dont let her see what dress you are buying and tell her you are going to have a three ring circus with acrobatics and fire eaters for your reception!!! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "tell her you are going to have a three ring circus with acrobatics and fire eaters for your reception!!! lol"hahahahaha DO IT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got invited to a friend that I didn't even know was pregnate's baby shower.  I haven't seen her in almost a year or spoken to her and then all the sudden she's pregnate.  Last time I talked to her she was having major marriage problems and talking about a divorce, she even said that there was no way that they could have kids becuase of all the marriage problems they were having. Totally out of left field. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards