Destination Weddings Discussions

Site visit booked

And, of course, another fun trip to Cozumel. While the FI and I have been there a handful of times already, we've never actually been to the restaurant where the wedding will be held. We've planned a trip over July 4th to go to Cozumel for a few days. Meet with the planner, check out some resorts/villas for guests, and see if we can find a place to host the rehersal dinner. The wedding is in May 2014, and until a few weeks ago, it seemed like a million years away. Now, it's just next year! Can't wait.

We are also thinking about doing some engagement photos while we are there. Perhaps to use in a STD, but really just to see if we want to hire the local photographer for our wedding. Will that be too late for STD? We had orginally figured we'd get them out in May 2013 so a good year in advance, but maybe late July will be ok too? What do you think?
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Site visit booked

• What resort are you looking at for the wedding ? I think 10 months is pretty decent, but a year is good also!! Enjoy!
  • I agree I would be fine with sending them in July I am sure most od ur necessity people know about the trip! How exciting to go see where you will get married! !
    Anniversary
  • Yay for site visits! And trips to Mexico :)
  • We have friends that own a house down there, and we plan on renting a huge villa for the bridal party for wedding weekend. So, instead of a resort that charges $100 per person not staying at the resort, plus everything else, we've opted to use a restaurant instead. We are getting married at Mr. Sanchos. It's a very touristy spot during the day, so not one that FI and I would ever go to while we are on the island, but they close to the public at 5p and have beautiful sunset weddings. It's not "our spot", but it's still pretty great.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I am jealous of your site visit trip!  Have fun!! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards