South Carolina

HELP! Had to move up wedding 6 months and to Charleston. Need caterer help!

My fiance is in the Navy and his schedule got changed (yet again) making our planned wedding date when he will be in the ocean in a submarine. The only guarentee the navy will give us is when he leaves and therefore we have to move the wedding from May to November and no longer have it in FL but in Charleston, SC (where I live). Does anyone have any suggestions for good, inexpensive caterers. We dont want anything too fancy (or expensive) and we would like a buffett. Thanks girls!

Re: HELP! Had to move up wedding 6 months and to Charleston. Need caterer help!

• edited December 2011
    We used Sticky Fingers for our rehearsal dinner. We had it at their downtown location because they had an outside patio we liked, but I know they cater, they are cheap, and they do buffets. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a very inexpensive caterer- Tom Smith Catering... Our  4 hour bar is 8.50 pp, cocktail hour is 1.25 pp, 15.85 pp= vegetable platter, cheese platter with crackers, crab dip, salad with accompaniments and various dressings, chicken breast, beef tips in gravy, green beans, mashed potato bar with scallions, bacon, sour cream, cheese, and rolls with butter.  You really can't beat him.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Sticky Fingers!  They have catered our events before and we're having our reheasal dinner in their private dining room upstairs at the Meeting Street location.  Just call and talk to Trina! 
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA with Sticky Fingers.  They catered my cousin's wedding this past June.  They took dirty plates off the tables, refilled drinks and cut and passed out the wedding cake.  I think my aunt said it was about $10 a head. Two meats, 2 sides and salad from what I remember. Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards