Ohio-Cincinnati

Weird/stupid question...

This is going to sound really dumb, Did anyone plan their wedding date around "that time of the month" or their honeymoon/

Re: Weird/stupid question...

• Mrs42509Mrs42509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did but it didn't work out to well.  The closer I got I realized I was going to be on.  So I ended up cutting out the last 3 or 4 "sugar" pills on my BP and was able to change the week aunt flo would come.  I did call my OBGYN on this and she said it was fine.  I would take my BP normal until the last week of the pack where you get to the sugar pills.  I would take the first 3 then on the 4th day start the first pill of a new pack.
  • edited December 2011
    I did not plan my date around Flo, but did plan Flo around my date.  Once I had a date set, I figured out where I'd be as far as pills I was taking and made my adjustments several months ago to be right on track!  ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Not a dumb question at all.  Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought about this, also.  heheI use the ring and was going to change my cycle.  Unfortunately for me, it wasn't really an option.  I have had a lot of problems w/ my girly parts since I was 17 and also had cervical cancer when I was 22 (clean bill since the surgery, though).  Due to this, my dr. said she didn't think it was a good idea and I had to agree w/ her considering everything that has happened.So we planned the wedding for a few days before I start.  We don't leave for the hm until a week and a half after the wedding.  That week after the wedding, I start, then will be all done before we leave for the hm.  Works out for both events.  :)
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't but I just got lucky that Aunt Flo is coming to visit the entire week prior to wedding (meaning that wedding day will be my least bloated day of the entire cycle).BONUS!HOWEVER: I will make this disclaimer:As your friendly neighborhood pharmacist, I would not recommend messing around with your pills and their schedule prior to consulting with your OB/GYN or your healthcare professional. This could lead to an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy prior to your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I did and the only reason I thought about it is because EVERY single vacation I have been on in the past five years seemed to always be planned during that time of the month. Fortunately, when I started planning the wedding the venues I was looking at had most of their dates still available. I only knew I wanted it in March and didn't really care about the specific date. So I calculated when I would be on and scheduled the wedding for the Saturday of the following week. That way I would not be on for the wedding or the week after for the honeymoon!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    On another note. I went to Hawaii about four years ago. About 3 months before we left I realized that I would be on while we were there so I decided to take an extra week off after I was on sugar pills for a week to push it back a week. Well, even after 3 months it wasn't completely regulated. Needless to say (we were in Hawaii for 10 days) and I was on every single day because it messed me up so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never even though of aunt flo. I'm planning on getting an IUD so hopfully there will be no aunt flo at all by the time May comes around.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm on Seasonale, which is a 3 month pill, and sometimes I either spot really badly during the 3rd month or auntie decides to come a month early.  I talked to my gyno about this, and I've planned my cycle (through letting it start after 2 months instead of 3 a couple times) so I'll only be about 5 weeks into the 3 month cycle for my wedding.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    After establishing what month we wanted, it was the first thing I looked for :) And Teresa is my new personal hero :)
  • edited December 2011
    onlymels- how long before your wedding are you considerg the IUD?  You may want to do it at least 3 months before because their is a bit of an adjustment period.  Lemme know if you have any ?'s (from my experience)
  • edited December 2011
    Jen - you put a huge smile on my face.  That was sweet of you.  :)
  • aWbaWb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did the same thing, set the date then checked my calendar.  I used seasonal for a while and had the same problem, most of the time starting in the second month.  I talk to my gyno and we decided to swich to femcon (the chewable one) I take 6 weeks of active pills, that really helped. Plus the sugar pills have iron in them, helping with lost you experience at that time.  I agree with sash, check with your dr prior to making any changes.
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For vacation once I skipped the week of sugar pills and went right to a new pack of pills (same concept as the three month pills).  My doctor says that's fine to do.  Now I'm on the three-month pills, though, and it's great--I hardly have any period at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards