California-Inland Empire
Options

I'm bummed

Soooooooo, I checked my email yesterday after I go home from work. I got an email from my school saying that I've been dropped from ALL of my fall classes because I failed to pay the tuition on time =( I had NO idea that tuition was even due yet. I have always gottten financial aid so I never worried about it cause it just was deducted from my financial aid account. Well, so far I have only been able to get back into one of my classes ='( One of the other ones that I was enrolled in has a 22 person waitlist...which I have to go on now. However, it won't even let me register for that one right now. It says that I "need consent from the department." Which is weird because I never needed it before to sign up for that class. Then, my 3rd class that I was enrolled in it won't let me register for because it is saying I don't meet the prereq's...but I do! I'm so upset. I offically hate the CSU system. Ok, sorry for the long vent.

Re: I'm bummed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there someone you can go in and talk to about all of this???
  • Options
    hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, Bre that sucks!!! I completely understand that you hate the CSU system, somehow I made it out alive but I can't say my time there was great.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks! I'm sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've called and talked with one of the professors to the class that is saying I don't meet the prereq's. She said that the class isn't full yet and that I will probably be able to get in still. She told me to call the bio department to get it all straightened out. I've called the department 6 times and have left a message. I also called the other professor with the waitlist class and emailed him and he still hasn't called me back either. I think I'm just going to try and get in touch with the dean of the bio department. I'll see if he can fix things for me.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its ok. Thanks ladies. I guess that will just be one more quarter that I get set back if I can't get into the waitlisted class again.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I received an email stating I had been dropped from all my classes.  I freaked out!  I hadn't paid either because this is the first time I haven't received financial aid and thought I had time.  I ended up having to pay out of my pocket for my classes.  I have to wait for the loan to process (I barely accepted it yesterday) in order to reimburse myself.  The whole loan process was a pain int eh butt last time I did it!  Took forever and a million things you had to do...then it would take 5 days for it to update then you call and the person says oh now you have to do this...then wait another 5 days.  It was never ending.  Luckily I was able to get back into my classes but not after many calls to different departments all telling me to do one step at a time so once that was done I tried to register and it wouldn't let me so I had to call and find out why.  FINALLY I got it to work.  I completely HATE CSU as well.  I was about to quit yesterday after all that crap!I feel your pain Bre.  I really really do.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kas- "Luckily I was able to get back into my classes but not after many calls to different departments all telling me to do one step at a time so once that was done I tried to register and it wouldn't let me so I had to call and find out why. FINALLY I got it to work." MEEE TOOO! I was transferred a million times to different departments. I got online to pay me fees and 2 times they told me the wrong amount to pay (it wasn't enough) so I had to go through that whole stupid paying process 3 times! I'm glad you can relate!!! Effing jerks should have sent an email saying that if I didn't apy they would drop me. Not an email that says, too late you've been dropped!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you excited for the fee increase?  YAY!  :( I wish I could go fulltime but they only have 2 classes I can take on the same day.  I'm weary of taking a 3rd because I live so far and have no clue when I'll have time to do homework if I go to school everyday like I used to.  It was easy then when I lived 2 blocks away..now, not so much. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, why can't we italicize (sp?), bold, or underline the text anymore? Is it just my computer that wont let me or is that eveyone else's too?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah! I just love that extra $300 I had to pay. Awesome!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks, I'm sorry.  I hate how schools show no understanding towards students.  Hopefully they will put you back into all the same classes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had to pay extra yet.  I called yesterday and asked about it because when I was paying I saw something that made me think the increase has been implemented yet.  the lady said it hasn't yet.  Weird.  I better check right now before I get booted again from my classes.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The lady said I didn't have to pay it yet but I did anyways. I figured eff it, what is another few hundred at this point!? Not only that, I didn't want to be dropped again later when I hadn't paid my "fees" (I hate that they call tuition fees) yet.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I already had my loan so it wasn't a big deal to me.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just checked...I owe another $470!!  WTF??  $1445 for 8 units!!  HOLY FVCK!!!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know of a place in Yucipa called YAPS that adopts. Also, Lake Elsinore has a pound you can check out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh shiit. My last post was for your dog post. LOL! Make sure you owe the full $470! I think it always says $470 no matter if you owe $1 or $2000. Call and ask before you pay anything.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just paid...  :(  It said for fall pt-ft undergrads... I will call Monday if they haven't credited anything back to my account.  Did you call to find out about yours?Yaps?  Never heard of that one.  I will see if they have a website. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No. Still haven't heard anything back from the bio department or professor yet. I'll start blowing up their phones again tomorrow. The bio office closed at 3:30.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks Bre! I am not looking forward to starting at CSU. Who knows when I will, they aren't accepting ANYONE until next fall they are saying now. I hate how it seems all the schools are so hard to get a hold of anyone, and after a million transfers, they don't answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards