Ohio-Cincinnati

Shoe Check

Ok. As most of you know, I'm not willing to spend a $h!load of money on something that I'm likely only to wear once.  So far, the only exception to that is my dress (which is still relatively cheap compared to what a lot of brides pay for their dress). Anyhow... tell me how much you paid (or are planning to pay, or are WILLING to pay) on the shoes you're wearing for your wedding.  Maybe I have missed the boat on wonderfully intoxicating world of shoes, but when I saw $185 on a pair of heels at Bridal and Formal, I almost flipped.  Then, when I saw a pair that said $350, I left.  Am I being absurd?  Or is this another stop on the long highway of robbery known as wedding planning??

Re: Shoe Check

• mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine were on clearance at DSW. $19.98. they have a great selection. You should check it out to see if you can find a similar pair/style. Keep in mind, if your dress is long not many ppl will even see them.
  • countrygrl06countrygrl06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $350!!! Holy cannoli...no way would I pay that for a pair of shoes I will have on for a couple of hours. I bought mine on Overstock.com for $40. They are Kenneth Cole Reaction in Red. I even thought that was a bit much considering you can get some on sale at Payless for $15. It was a minor splurge for me because I liked them and I wanted red ones. I don't think you are being absurd. I think it's absurd they would charge so much.
  • edited December 2011
    About a block down the road (on Benson, just past Carrie Karibo bridesmaids) is a shoe store called Colorful Soles.  I got my shoes there and they were about $60, plus I had them dyed navy blue, so total with tax was about $70.  I can also take them back after the wedding and have them dyed either black or espresso for free so I can keep wearing them.  PIB.  I wasn't willing to buy a pair of shoes that I was only going to wear one time, so I shopped around for something that I could continue to wear after the wedding.  They have a lot of different styles, too.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    $25 at David's Bridal, and they're dying them ivory for me.  My mom found some really cute shoes there too that they're dying black.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What do you think of these?  (This is about as expensive as I want to go...) http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=14&category=&prodId=161992&brand=300070I'm going to surf over to DB next :)
  • edited December 2011
    Those are really cute, Jen!  Love them!
  • DeLovely2009DeLovely2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out endless.com too! I got mine for about $50
  • tia0314tia0314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen- i paid $10 for mine at payless- easter sale. I think that ones you posted from DSW are cute!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • abbey&joshabbey&josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are really cute! I paid $11 for mine at Payless.
  • edited December 2011
    Payless here... I got 2 different pairs for 40 bucks total on 2 seperate trips... one is a bridal pair that are peep toe sling backs with rhinestones and the other are american eagle wedges (cause I'm soooooo graceful in heels)
  • edited December 2011
    For those of you finding shoes at Payless-- are you wearing white or ivory?  It seems like I can't find any ivory shoes on Payless's website...
  • tia0314tia0314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    White- but actually the material of my shoe does not look white next to my dress, it looks more ivory. But my dress is long so you'll hardly notice my shoes anyway. But I also bought flats to wear at the reception and those are white. If you want me to browse online and see if they still have teh shoe, I can do that and then email you a link.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my shoes at Nordstrom in Orange County, CA. They have a great selection on-line too!I am not wearing white shoes, nor did I want to get shoes that I had to wear only once!My green satin shoes are gorgeous!(I also got a small-heeled pair dyed the same exact color for the reception!, which I got at Colorful Soles in Reading)
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Bridal and Formal for $80 which i thought was great considering i, too, saw shoes there for $250. I also fell over when i saw it too.  The first pair i picked up for $80 i couldnt not stop looking back at. They are white satin peep-toe pumps with a round sparkley broach thing in the front. O they are adorable. After the wedding i plan on dying them black so hopefully wear again to another formal event sometime. They are really comfortable too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards