**Hey it's**

Soooo, GO!

11-15-08
12-1-10

Re: **Hey it's**

• hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, so I really liked last night - it hurt like a b!tch but I liked it.  We did it for 45 minutes and I thought I was going to DIE.  But, you are SO right.  My britney hurts the worse! So.. question 1:  when does it stop hurting?Question 2: did you get one of those fancy coushins for the bike?Question 3: what kind of shoes do you normally wear 'cuz my shoes last night SUCKED. I'm sure I'll have more questions!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So.. question 1: when does it stop hurting?Question 2: did you get one of those fancy coushins for the bike?Question 3: what kind of shoes do you normally wear 'cuz my shoes last night SUCKED1.  Give it 3-4 days after your first spin class.  I was still squatting around 190lbs regularly when I took my first spin class and could barely walk for 2-3 days after that first class.  It hit my legs worse than any leg workout I had ever done.2.  Nope, you get used to it.  I thought about it because I was in so much pain initially, but the seat doesn't bother me too much anymore.3.  I wear a crosstrainer most of the time.  If you wear a shoe with too thin of a sole, the bottoms of your feet will be really sore.  I usually wear my Asics Kayanos or New Balance 574s, it just depends what's in my car.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • edited December 2011
    Butting in!it stops hurting after a few classes, you get used to it. I never got a special seat or padded shorts, but if it doesn't get better after a week or two, get the padded shorts.
  • cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **butting in** ditto pp...it will stop hurting after a few classes!!  They do make spin shoes, they cost around $100.00 for a decent pair and you can get them at D!cks.  Otherwise, I wear NB and they are way better than my heavy Nike shoes. **butting out**
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed w/ Cheryl-- Nike's kill my feet to spin in!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, I'm definitely gonna go shoe shopping this weekend and I might try out a padded seat thing because that was the worse part of it!  It hurt SO bad to sit so I stood a lot and now my leg muscles are feeling it today.  And the lady who teaches it is my pseudo-aunt (she's my great aunt's sister but I used to call her aunt when I was little...) - she likes to push me a bit harder than the other people in the class, which is nice. And can I just say how proud I am of my 50 year old mother for doing it with me.  I was shocked and amazed and I thought for sure she would quit after one song.  But she didn't.  I was super proud.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn, my butt hurt so badly too and if you would ever see me, I have no "cushion" back there - no booty!! So it was agony.  The padded seats, IMO are not all that helpful, I have one for my road bike and it sucks, if you can get a gel seat, it may be better than the bean bag seats that they sell at Wal-Mart.  The padded shorts remind me of a diaper everytime I see my instructor wearing them...I laugh so hard!! Good job for your mom too!! That is awesome!  Spin is really hard but I love it...I guess I am slightly addicted to it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards