Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Loooong poll for rainy Friday

1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? 3) I still can't believe I once:4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you?5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?8) What's for lunch? :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Loooong poll for rainy Friday

• edited December 2011
    Well, sorta long. I was going to add more, but I have to do work. Sigh...
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? Boys will want to date you someday!2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Reese Witherspoon3) I still can't believe I once: Didn't know my friend was dating my boyfriend behind my back.  It bothers me to this day that I didn't know it was happening, yet everyone around me did.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? So when are you guys going to have kids?5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: 6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) Last night I dreamed there was some sort of door that I had to get through by pushing a button to open it, but I could never get through it in time.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Nope8) What's for lunch? :) PB&J, applesauce, and a nectarine
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?This question does not make sense in my head. Maybe to invest in Microsoft? Or to study to become a scientist instead of an artist.2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Anna Pacquin. We can look alike if she gains about 15 lbs.We were identical when she was in Fly Away Home. 3) I still can't believe I once:Left home for 3 weeks when I was 10 to attend a ballet training. I was only 10! I was thousands of miles away!4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you?Please don't ask me about my sex life. 5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:CD playersNon-smart phonesMy guinea pig (sad)6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)I had a dream that my wedding dress was completely different when I went to my fitting, but I actually liked it better.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?Depends where my family is. If they move too, then yes.8) What's for lunch? :)El Campesino.
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? your girlfriends are much more important than that loser you are dating- 2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? I hate her husband, but I think her acting would be a good match for  my personality- Katie Holms3) I still can't believe I once: pooped in someone's backyard...4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? how old are you? (for some reason I'm sensitive about my age)5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: my current job, telephone cords, pants (lol)6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) last night- I dreamed I was on a boat and I kept having to pee really bad, like every 10 seconds... and then I woke up, it was raining and I had to pee7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? no!  I like my earthly friends!8) What's for lunch? :) green beans from my mom's garden! yum!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Tough one - probably that my height will be an advantage 2.  Julia Roberts, because she just seems fun 3.  Broke into the morgue of Dixmont - weird stuff 4.  How much do you weigh?  I'm a tall lanky gal, but you wouldn't ask that question to a more petite, more curvaceous girl, now would you? 5.  Music stores (i.e. FYE), Crocs, and can't think of a third 6.  Yikes - I dreamt my good friend was a devil baby and was trying to harm me.  That's what I get for watching Crime TV and/or Ghost Hunters before bed7.  No, I have no desire to go to space8.  Trying out the new Busboys & Poets near my office!
  • cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? save money for the future2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Rachel McAdams3) I still can't believe I once: was thin...lol!!  4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? are you ever having kids!  I think I may hang a sign around my neck that says..NO BABIES..EVER!!5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: fax machines (I can only dream they were obsolete now)..that's all I can think of!6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) I rarely remember my dreams7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? no8) What's for lunch? :) hopefully Ruth's Chris, sort of a Friday thing in my office, but if not Buon Giorno.
  • bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Mom was right, boys really are just intimidated to ask you out.2) Natalie Portman. We're about the same size and have similar features (or at least, I'm deluded enough to believe we do). 3) Put my panties in FI's pocket to pick him up at a party. 4) How's the wedding planning going? 5) Cords for appliances, most of the drugs I learned in med school, landline phones6) Last night I had a male nurse telling me that I will never get a job and never be able to pay my loans.7) Can I bring my friends and family?8) Home made fried rice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh fun!  Can I play? 1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?Flip flops are comfortable and acceptable footwear.  Also, it is ok to go to class in the morning without full hair and makeup done :) 2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Anne Hathaway 3) I still can't believe I once:Flew through mountains in a tiny six-seat prop plane that took off from a dirt field in rural Tanzania.  I HATE flying! 4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you?"Are you going to law school?"  Both my parents, my fiance, my future MIL, and the majority of my friends are lawyers.  I am not going to law school!!! 5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:Twitter, phone booths, cell phones that aren't internet-capable 6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)Hmm. This week I dreamt that my best friend and I were spies involved in international intrigue in some post-Soviet communist bloc country. 7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?No way! 8) What's for lunch? :)A veggie burger patty, edamame, and string cheese

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?You won't hate exercise when you realize it will make you thin and you will be so excited when you look in the mirror and see you are ripped.2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? She looks nothing like me, but Kathryn Heigl.3) I still can't believe I once:was naughty in a movie theatre :P4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you?Are you going to apply for the open management position?5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:all the good answers have been listed!6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)I dreamt there was a weird mutant rat in a friend's kitchen but I was too shocked by it's crazy features to kill it that I just shooed it out of the kitchen and let it walk out the back door---I have NO idea what the was all about.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?I'm so freaked out by space, just kill me.8) What's for lunch? :)salad, swedish meatballs and a nectarine (but I already ate that).
  • edited December 2011
    Nuelsi, you DO look like Anna Paquin. I loved your acting in the Piano by the way! :)1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? Read "The Rules" and follow them religiously2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Oh, man, I have no idea. I'd say Abigail Breslin in like 12 years? 3) I still can't believe I once: pleading the fifth, but it involves my DH (BF at the time) and running from the cops.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? So, what do you do for a living? haha5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: Cable TV as we know it (think it will be a computer/TV combo basically), home phones, cell phones without TV and Internet6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) It had something to do with taxes for small businesses-I was reading a book about it before bed!7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Hecks no! I don't even like living in another state and don't really believe in space exploration8) What's for lunch? :) Soup!
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? Do what you want to do with your life, not what you feel like other people want you to do.2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Not sure, maybe America Ferrara. She seems to smile a lot, which is one of my general qualities.3) I still can't believe I once: fell completely in love with someone who was totally in a relationship with a girl who was just away at college.  Ironically, I was also in another relationship with a different guy at the same time, so what he did to me, I was doing to someone else.  Totally the reason I believe in kharma.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? What we're going to do with the dogs when we have the baby.5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: iPods, cell phones without full keyboards, DVD players (I think everything will slowly continue to switch to BluRay)6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) I dreamed that I had spread glue on my hand and fell asleep with it. Weird.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Nope.8) What's for lunch? Leftovers from Olive Garden

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?i'm with N-the question does not make sense to me.enjoy college, it will go by quickly.2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? if only i looked like rachael mcadams.3) I still can't believe I once:danced on the bar at the now burned down crazy horse for over an hour and let the bartenders smack our a!!es with towels. deeerunk.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you?how short are you anyways?5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:no visible tattoos in the workplace rules;DVD's;ipod's.6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)i don't recall, i just know that FI was being super nice in it and made me happy, and i woke up to try to cuddle with him as a result....which he was just not having at 3am. oh well.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?nah. that would require flying very high, and i'm not a fan of heights. i don't even like planes.8) What's for lunch? :)well, i'd have to eat breakfast first, which will prob be a bowl of special k fruit & yogurt.
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?That someday, you will really like your parents.  And you will miss them when you don't see them everyday.  2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Clare Danes or the girl from Greek3) I still can't believe I once:I got nothing for this one.  Hmmm.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you?When are you moving back to Pittsburgh?  :/5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:CDs/CD playersHome phonesVideo stores6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)I hardly ever remember my dreams, but I had a crazy vivid dream last night that involved all of these challenges (like on a reality show) and there were many snakes.  It was scary.  7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?Nope.  I like it here.  :)8) What's for lunch? :)I was running late so either need to run out and get something or eat my emergency soup.  My stomach is hating me right now though, so I'm not sure.  Sigh.
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? To enjoy the little responsibility I had then, b/c being an adult sucks sometimes. 2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Penelope Cruz3) I still can't believe I once: had short, boy-ish hair and liked it. As much as my long hair is PITA sometimes, I can't imagine cutting it again!4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? How's married life? So effing annoying.5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: CDs, paperback books (though I hope not), and newspapers (once again, I hope not).6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) Don't remember exactly, but probably a wedding dream.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Nope- waaay too far from family and friends!8) What's for lunch? :) Salad, Triscuits (sp?), apple, fruit snacks
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?  I'm with McBride-that I would really enjoy my parents after I moved out of the house and they would be my main support system.  2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you?  Katheryn heigl3) I still can't believe I once: Got drunk in college and let a group of friends talk me into spray painting things and smashing mailboxes (yes, I went to school in WV)4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? When am I moving back to Pittsburgh?  I really want to , but I don't knwo when, probobyl when FI and I both get a freaking job there.5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:CD's, DVD's, desktop computers6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)Last night I had a very vivid dream of my dog pooping on the floor.  i jumped out of bed and ran to the door to let her out (in real life) only to find her asleep in her bed.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? No8) What's for lunch?  We just had grilled cheeses and tomato soup
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? Learn to ignore the bad things people say about you.2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you?  I have no clue.3) I still can't believe I once: Pleading the fifth.  But it involves a going away party, a guy, and doing something that I didn't think about.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? Are you having a bad day?  I hate my job, and if people wouldn't constantly ask dumb questions, I would be in a much better mood.5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: I can't think of anything that hasn't been said yet.6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) I don't remember very much of it.  It involves the guy we're buying our house from.  I don't trust him.  And his lawyer made me feel like an idiot today.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Maybe.  It depends on how much better it was.  And could family come and visit?8) What's for lunch? :)Probably one of those Lipton Sides things.  I had a rice crispy treat for breakfast.
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? "You won't always be this awkward. One day you'll be a Hottie McHotpants!"2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? if it was a tale of my "youth" (college, etc) I'd say Natalie Portman, if it's present day, maybe Wynona Ryder?3) I still can't believe I once:  drank 3 mixed drinks and 8 shots of tequila in one night when I weighed at least 20lbs less than I do now and got up the next day and made pancakes.  As a side note, after that night, I did quit drinking for a year.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? if I'm/we're having kids. Not like it's anyone's business, even my parents, but no, we're not. Between age and other considerations, we don't want any.5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: VCRs, um...I can't think of anything else...6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)  It had something to do with a bridge with no railings. Like I was trying to cross somewhere and kept freezing because I was petrified of falling7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? no8) What's for lunch? Um, some crackers & hummus, carrot sticks. maybe some macaroni & cheese from the cafeteria if it looks good enough
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? most of the things that seem sooo important right now really aren't going to make a difference down the road...2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you?  Sandra Bullock3) I still can't believe I once: Moved between NJ & OK 3 times....i could have saved a lot of money and furniture!4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? Right now, I hate when people ask about our HM, only because we don't know for sure where we are going yet and I don't have anything to tell them!5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) Eh, I can't remember it but I had somehting bizarre going on last night7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Nah8) What's for lunch? :) Turkey, cream cheese and bagel sandwich

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    1. Do not under any circumstances get a perm before 9th grade...but if you do, stop putting sun-in in your hair, dye it dark brown instead!2. That depends, if it's how other people view me then most likely Anne Hathaway b/c she always plays a good girl...if it's me with people I'm close to...probably Sarah Silverman since I talk like a sailor lol.3. Swim in a river with all my clothes on, wet jeans do not make hiking a mile easy!4. When are you having kids....it's just no one's business in my mind, and I certainly don't want your opinion on when we should.5. VHS tapes, Alarm clocks (since you can set your phone alarm), and audio cassette tapes (if they're not already)6. I really can't remember the last time I had a dream.7. Nope, I honestly never had a desire to be an astronaut either.8. Beef Stroganoff and green beans from our garden, this is the second time I made it this week (it's in my blog) it's so yummy
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? "You will really get to move away someday Elisha far far away" (That would have made me so happy as a teenager)2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Cameron Diaz as a dark redhead3) I still can't believe I once: Stopped at the police station drunk off my feet and went inside and asked if I could use the bathroom... and they let me :)4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? "WHy aren't your sisters in your bridal party?"5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years:Check out clerks at grocery stores (it will all be self check out)6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)Last night we watched an episode of Weeds (from Showtime) before bed so I had a dream of getting caught dealing drugs and about the character Conrad and my FI hanging out... it was weird.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?I mean if I had no other option I guess I would have to. But I'd be open to seeing what's out there.8) What's for lunch? Not sure I'm helping my friend Elicia Apt. hunt today so We'll probably stop somewhere and graba bite.
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    If our movies were all rolled into one movie about knotties, it would have quite a bit of star power!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?that going to beauty school instead of collage was a BAD idea!2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? Angelina Jolie3) I still can't believe I once: thought facial piercings were really cool... I had labret, nose, eyebrow... so gross and weird.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? Lately, if this was a planned pregnancy!  GRRR...5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: film, cassette tapes, VCR6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)umm, really can't remember!  A couple days ago I dreamed I was having a baby girl.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth?heck no!8) What's for lunch? :)  Wendy's jr. bacon cheeseburger and fries... very unhealthy, I know.
  • edited December 2011
    1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be?  Don't go into debt over college. Get a scholarship.2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? I would say Reese Witherspoon also. Can't think of anyone else. Maybe Marla Sokoloff? That is DH's fave showbiz chick.3) I still can't believe I once: Went out with 10 high school girlfriends and stole (pooped off) 7 street signs in Forest Hills. We had to take them to the police station when our friends' Mom found them in her room. Don't know HOW we didn't get in any trouble for that one.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? When are you getting a house/having a baby. 5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: CDs, I hope cars run by gas, Newspapers6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P)   My last one actually isn't suitable. Haha. I can't say that often, but this one isn't. :P7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Not unless the whole population of Earth moved to another planet. Well, maybe not the whole population...just the people that I like. 8) What's for lunch? :)  It was Five Guys. YUM. Although my lips still feel like I am wearing grease lip gloss.
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FINALLY have a couple minutes for this! 1) If you had been told one thing that you weren't told as a teenager, what would it be? Mmm, be patient. Don't worry about growing up too fast. Enjoy the ride. Oh, and get a job so you can pay the fee to go to the dermatologist. lol2) If a movie was being made of your life, which actress would you choose to play you? I think the girl from American Pie who's on HIMYM...Alison something? Only with dark hair. Or JLo, cause she's HAWT & NOTHING like me!3) I still can't believe I once: got in the car of a boy I had just met at Coconuts. Stupidity.4) What question would you like people NOT to ask you? Most are work-related, but I'd rather people not ask about a baby. Because then they always tell me I'll never be financially ready. I KNOW that.5) Three things that will be obsolete in 10 years: I go with everyone else's answers. And N made me sad with hers, because I realized my babies won't be around either. :-( Thanks a lot, N!6) Describe your last memorable dream (if suitable for the board! :P) I don't remember most of my dreams.7) Would you live on another planet if you could never come back to Earth? Nah.8) What's for lunch? :) I had a sloppy joe (for the 5th day straight), pretzels, whipped yogurt.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards