Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Back from my appt!

Hey girls!  I just got to work from my appt!  Everything went well, I won't get the official test results for like a week or so, but they said everything looks great!  He's grown so much since the 8 week sonogram, he's actually looking like a baby instead of a gummy bear!  He was moving around, kicking his legs, waving his arms, it was so cute!!  And she couldn't tell me the gender. :(  She said that she would guess 65% boy and 35% girl.  Also, the cyst on my ovaries is not going away and is still 8 cm, and the lady doing the sonogram said more than likely, the dr. is going to want to take it out since it's so big and can cause complications during the pregnancy if it twists.  And that would happen sometime during my second trimester.  But I have my dr. appt. with my regular dr. Tuesday and he's going to check that with another ultrasound, so we'll see what he says.  Oh, and they moved up my due date from Feb. 8th to Feb. 2nd!!  A whole week!  Which actually puts me in my second trimester already!  Pretty crazy!

Re: Back from my appt!

• jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw thats great!! i hope the cyst removing goes smoothly and isn't too huge of a deal. whatever is best for you & baby!!
  • cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great news Angela!!  Continued vibes for a healthy pregnancy and happy baby!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Many many vibes!
  • pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela, how exciting! I love how you refer to the baby as "he" already! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for baby AMK! I'm sorry about your ovarian cyst, I hope it clears up soon! Would they remove it laproscopically? The due date is a week earlier, so does that mean your little one is growing quickly or does that mean you conceived a week earlier than thought? So it is a honeymoon baby after all?
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, I'm glad to hear your appointment went well with the exception of the cyst!  I would take everything said about gender very lightly right now, you never know, and it's so early!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kwynn- I'm almost positive it's based on baby growth, not actual conception date.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • edited December 2011
    Aw yay! I'm glad "he" is doing well! Congrats :)
  • edited December 2011
    yea for the mostly good news.  Hope there are no complications with the cyst.Your due date is now the day after my birthday...so I'm going to do a  secret little vibe that you're a day early.  Because being the first of the month is awesome. :)
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also love that you are calling the baby a "he"!  :)  And OMG, a whole week!  Yay for 2nd Tri!  :DI am glad everything went well.  I was looking at pics from 12 week sonograms and I just love how they look like babies.  And that is so great that he was moving all around!  Ahhh!  I am sorry about the cyst, but I hope everything will be okay.  And yay for getting to see the little one again sooooooooon!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Awww I am glad he is doing so well! And also glad he's not a gummy bear anymore, hehe :)

Vacation

• AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!Sonya, I feel weird calling him It.  haha!  And even though nothing is definate, it's looking like it's going to be a boy, so I figure I should start calling him He, and then I'll stop thinking that it's a girl. Kwynn, I asked if they would do it laproscopicly, but the sonogram lady said they typically don't do laproscopic surgery during pregnancy.  And I'm not sure what them moving my due date means.  DH and I talked about it on the way to work, and if they move the due date up a week, then my first week of pregnancy (which is before the baby is conceived) would be the week were in Disney!  But I was still on the pill at that point, and the first day of my last period was 5/3, so I don't think he could have been conceived earlier.  I think Stace's right, it's determined by the baby's growth.  However, I told DH we can just tell everybody that it's a Disney baby!
  • edited December 2011
    second trimester?!?!?!  That's so awesome!  I'm happy to hear everything went well!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay, exciting news!! Hopefully the cyst can be taken care of easily! More health vibes your way!
  • EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad you had a good appt! :) Vibes your cyst removal is not too big of a deal and goes very well!
  • snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great news!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say those boy/girl odds are still up in the air! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    That is a great report! :)I hope that the cyst issue is resolved soon. I've had them removed and it isn't a huge deal. Better if they do it early, I'd say. Then no worries! Good luck with the regular dr. appointment!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY for moving up the due date and YAY for 2nd tri! That's awesome!  And, like Candice said, it could still be a girl!  

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards