Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

bridal shower location rec's

where are some places that my bridal shower could be held that would allow us to bring outside catering (my mom is going to cater most likely). i have placed a call to the urban gathering place on the mtn, but i'm stumped after that...

Re: bridal shower location rec's

• edited December 2011
    Local legions/halls allow you to bring your own food, such as an Elks or American Legion. Also, park pavilions (indoor ones if your shower is this winter).I'm trying to think where else...your local church (if you belong or momma belongs), community center, apartment complex community rooms, HOA clubhouses here, or at the home of a BM?That's what I thought of off the top of my head. HTH!
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I <3 UMGP!  I'm trying to think where else...your local church (if you belong or momma belongs), community center, apartment complex community rooms, HOA clubhouses here, or at the home of a BM?I was thinking this too.  We often use my Grandma's "club house" for showers and parties. 
  • jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls!KR-do you know what the rental rates for the urban gathering place are?? that's all i'm trying to find out from them!unfort, 2 of my BM's are in OH, the other 2 are my sisters...one lives at home, and the other in a tiny apt (i suggested having it at home, but it's so not central to anyone that would be coming bc they're out in beaver county so it isn't really the best idea).
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I was looking at dates for the 4th of July, so what she gave me was expensive.  :/I don't know their normal rates though.  I think maybe Leslie looked into them for a RD - she might be able to help.
  • edited December 2011
    My Pittsburgh shower was held at a neighborhood clubhouse in the neighborhood that my MOH's mom lives in. They said it was very cheap to rent and they could do whatever they wanted with it as long as everything was cleaned up after. It was so nice and we were able to hang out there all night just drinking and talking after the guests left. Do you have any relatives that would have a neighborhood clubhouse or room in their apt. building?
  • cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen, I don't know if South Park is all that convenient to you but you can rent the 100 Acre house for $175.00.  I see people having parties there all the time.  http://www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/permit.aspx#southJust another option.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good thought, Cheryl.  When's your shower, JBean?  I think a few places in SP have heat - maybe Buffalo Inn and the Home Ec building. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm...never thought of that!it'll be in november sometime-likely early to mid november. we don't have any family/relatives in the area, so clubhouses seem to be out.
  • edited December 2011
    If you haven't received an e-mail back from the place in Mt. Washington, I think I have info. from them somewhere in my e-mail and can send it your way!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have not heard back from them...i emailed them months ago and called today to leave a message and still nothing. if you find the email i'd love if you could forward it to me! shortygu @ yahoo . comthanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards