California-Los Angeles
Options

Thank you Cards Question (Little long)

We had a very small intimate wedding, with just our parents,sisters and brothers in attendance. The following day after we were married we told our aunts,uncles and friends that we finally got married (basically eloped) We were a little nervous calling everyone because we didn't know if they were going to be upset because they weren't invited, but they were just happy for us. Fast forward a week later...I go to my mailbox to get our mail and we have about 10 envelopes with best wishes cards and ALL contain checks...AND THEIR STILL COMING IN....We feel bad in accepting them since they were actually not at the wedding..My husband (Whoo-hoo..husband) say's its bad etiquette if we send them back, so we are going to accept the generous gifts...sooo my question is how do I word the thank you cards for people that did not actually attend, but still sent us a generous gift? Have any suggestions?

Re: Thank you Cards Question (Little long)

• Options
    SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say something along the lines of your love and support was gift enough for us, but thank you for your generous gift in honor of our marriage. It feels a little short, but that's all I could think of.
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think them for the gift and maybe mention what you might put it towards (home downpayment, etc...). Then I might tell them a little bit about the wedding since they weren't invited or send them a picture from the day so that they feel included. I don't think it's bad etiquette at all to accept a gift from someone that wasn't invited to your wedding. I think it's very sweet that they still want to send a gift; I don't think most people would. But I do think a very kind thank you note is definitely in order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards