Washington-Seattle

Inexpensive Venue ideas

Am looking for any and all wedding venue ideas. We are looking at about 80-100 people maybe less and want something around the Seattle/Bellevue/Issaquah area. Our budget is 10K for EVERYTHING! HEEELPP!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inexpensive Venue ideas

• edited December 2011
    Any sort of feel you are going for? Oh, and what season/time of year?

Seattle you could rent the Golden Gardens Bathhouse or the Alki Bathhouse...and a few others I think in seattle...and these are pretty affordable IMO..  http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/reservations/goldengardens.htm#rent

You could also looking into community centers. I think a previous Bride had hers at the Renton Community Center and another I know of is the Mercer Island community center which is actually quite nice.

I think Clise Mansion and the Robinswood house are fairly affordable...don't quote me though.

umm......there's a few to check. i'll try to think of more.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, another thing to consider is that friday night or sunday weddings can sometiimes have cheaper rates.
  • edited December 2011
    Blue Ribbon Cooking offers a wedding package for under $10,000.  They do everything but DJ and photography.

The price does tend to go up with tax, gratutity and if you want alcohol.  But it's still a great deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Community centers and parks are going to be your best bet.  Here are some other ideas in the lower range but i'm not sure on the exact prices for summer.  Lots of places may already be booked but you may have better luck since it's a Sunday.

- tyee yacht club
     - Lake union rowing club (Seattle - Lake Union)
     - tibbetts creek manor
     - Pickering Barn (Issaquah)
     - Hall at fauntleroy (West Seattle)
     - Hollywood Schoolhouse (Woodinville)
     - Monte Cristo Hotel (Everett)
     - Lord Hill Farms (Snohomish)

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    :) Thanks!! Kinmir: I was looking at pictures of the Robinswood House and it looks beautiful. We don't have a set feel/theme for our wedding. We both LOVE antiques and "old" things. We have moved our date back to October/November now. So we really wanted an outside wedding but not sure if it will happen since we are getting married in fall now. I also have thought of the Bath houses in Alki. Thanks again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This might be too expensive.....but when you said antique/old, I thought of the Thornewood Castle in Lakewood. For a Friday or SUnday, it's $3950. But comes with tables/chairs....and has a sound system, if you want to do an Ipod wedding.

The cool thing is it's indoor/outdoor so you could plan for outdoor but if it rains, it can very easily be moved inside.

Another that I realllllly like is Sanctuary at Admiral  http://www.sanctuaryatadmiral.com/
    $2500 for Friday or Sunday. It's really nice and kind of antiquey I think......but still might bee a bit too much for a rental fee. IDK. 
  • edited December 2011
    OOO meant to say that the sanctuary at admiral is having an open house this Thurs eve with other vendors too....
  • edited December 2011
    Just remembered this other one I was thinking of....The Attic and The Hansen Place.....they are kind of like a pair.

Also....a suggestion....Try weddingwire.com for venues...they have a zillion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards