Hawaii
Options

Seawatch Brides?? Which ceremony location?

I know this has been asked before but what are the pros and cons between Molokini lookout and lower wedding knoll.  Why such a price discrepency?Thank you!

Re: Seawatch Brides?? Which ceremony location?

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been married there, but I was just researching it, and you have to pay for transportation to get everyone to and from the Molokini Lookout location.  It's a one lane road with no parking at the top and it looked like they don't let guests drive up it.  The Lower Knoll is on the main restaurant grounds, so no extra transportation necessary.  Something to think about when you're budgeting for a ceremony there.Carrie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The breathtaking view vs the price.Discrepancy - I don't know, their own ability to set it up? Supply and demand? One of those random wedding price hikes?
  • Options
    lelekaylelekay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had originally booked the Molokini lookout, but changed my mind to the Lower Knoll after I realized that the price discepency is not only about booking the space, but that you'll need to rent a mini-bus for the lookout as well, adding another $600 onto the price. Meaning that the Lookout would have actually cost us about $1200 more in total. My understanding is that the Molokini Lookout has a breathtaking view...simple as that. However, I can tell you that our wedding on the Lower Knoll also had an amazing view, too. And I liked it, since I was able to stay cool in the locker room and primp until just before the ceremony, rather than taking a mini-bus up to the lookout. Yes, the Lower Knoll has a road running very near it, but honestly, we didn't even notice. I don't think even one car came by during of immediately after the ceremony. It's very quiet there. And since I never even saw the Lookout in person, I guess I didn't know what I was missing (and neither did our guests!) The Knoll was perfect, and I especially loved having the extra money for other details we might not have been able to afford with the Lookout (better flowers, chair sashes, pretty candles, a petal toss). I, personally, am glad we chose the Lower Knoll over the Molokini Lookout. It was awesome!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    amyj513amyj513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the inputs!  Susan at the Seawatch states that both views are the exact same.  Hmmm...
  • Options
    lelekaylelekay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the view is the same, but the Lookout is higher......therefore better? I don't know, like I said, I loved the Lower Knoll.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The view from the lower knoll is beautiful.  As the pp said, I just did not think all the extra costs for Molokini lookout were worth it.  The view of Molokini from the Knoll is fantastic. I also liked being able to go into the change room while everyone arrived.  Then, I went into the restaurant and stayed out of sight until I heard Tino blow the conch shell. No cars went up the "road".  Keep in mind this is not a public road - it is in reality a driveway that leads only to the Seawatch.  My guests could not see the road during the ceremony - they are facing the ocean.  It is not in any photos. It is far enough away it is a non-issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the lookout wasn't available my date, but I wasn't excited about the extra cost anyways.  The views are the same, but the lookout is private.  It would just be you guys and your guests up there.  The knoll is essentially on the lawn of the restaurant (but pretty far away).  I think my bio has some great pictures to give you a better idea of the view, location of the road, etc.  (the road really isn't that noticeable as PPs said, but I wanted to make sure to get pictures so other brides would be able to see what it's like).I kind of liked not worrying about a shuttle and all that, the guests just arrived, went to the ceremony site and then after were able to walk up the restaurant for appetizers.  I do think it's neat that at the lookout the bride and wedding party get out of the limo and walk right in the ceremony.  But the walk down to the knoll from the restaurant is nice too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards