Connecticut
Options

Good Photographers?

Hi all,I'm just starting my search for a photographer for a June 2010 wedding in Brookfield, CT.  Anyone have a good one they worked with?  I'm looking to have 2 photographers and love the idea of a photo booth (although not mandatory).  Thanks!Kate

Re: Good Photographers?

• Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erik Maziarz is fantastic! He recently became a second shooter for Carla Ten Eyck who is also incredible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Hubert Kopec (hk-photography.com). He and his partner Alka complement each other very well. We loved working with them and should hopefully be getting our photos back soon. They had great prices for their packages.
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Aurora Photography, I can't say enough about them, they were wonderful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recenlty met with HK and have to say my fiance and i were very impressed and will probably use them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    photography by nicholas out of clinton[url]<a href="http://www.photographybynicholas.com" rel='nofollow'>www.photographybynicholas.com</a>[/url]we love him, he did a great job with our E-Pics and can't wait for our wedding!But there are lots of good ones out there...check out the CT Knottie Vendors List...[url]<a href="http://malissa033.googlepages.com/home" rel='nofollow'>http://malissa033.googlepages.com/home</a>[/url]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third HK. We loved working with them and the photos are amazing. You also can't beat their prices - they were the best that I could find in the area. PIB from our wedding. In terms of a photo booth, I think there are companies that you can rent them from. I don't know of any photogs that include that in their packages.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Megan LaBarbra of Creative Image Collections.  She is out of Danbury, we love her so far!  We did our E pics with her in Norwalk, and they are awesome.We found her through a friend who used her and loved her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kathy 9/18/09Kathy 9/18/09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Robert & Kathleen Photographers - they are amazing.  Check out their blog www.robertandkathleen.com/blog. They can do a photobooth.
  • Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing a photobooth through partybooths.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are working with Eric Foley (Eric Foley photography) for our May 2010 wedding and our package includes him + a second photographer. The package also includes a photobooth for our reception. I would recommend you Google him and check out his website & blog.  
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Erika9609Erika9609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Robert and Kathleen photographers!  Their work is AMAZING.  Definitely check out their website if you get a chance.  And, they'll totally work with you and try their best to get within your budget.  They did for us, and were SO accomodating!Good luck!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using MJS Photography for our wedding photography and videography. But, we won a free engagement photo session (by filling out one of those cards and dropping them in a bowl at Stop & Shop). We were so psyched to get that done for free it was such a nice relief. Our E-pics were done by Julie from Jewel Photography. She was awesome to work with and I highly recommend her. I just feel bad that we already booked our wedding photography or we'd probably use her. http://www.jewelphoto.com/ if you'd like to check out some of her work. HTH! :0)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also say HK Photography. FI and I are doing a private ceremony in Kent with another ceremony later that day in Ridgefield, so Brookfield is no problem for them. They're totally great. We had a great time taking our engagement photos, and know they're do a wonderful job at the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many, depends on your budget.Eric Foley Carla Ten E Val McCormickKM PhotographyJTinks's has a great rec that I usually see from herJohn LaCote (not sure if last name is correct)Dolce Photography, I have seen people use and they are great (good friend using them)Tony Spinelli (just went to a wedding last weekend he shot)I met with HK and wasn't super impressed JMO. But if the cost fits the budget, then that works too.GL
  • Options
    josella58josella58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.rawphotodesign.com Amazing!  I've got 2 shooters and a photobooth at my wedding.  I can't recommend anyone more!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photog is John LoConte, and I can't say enough good things about him. [url]www.johnloconte.com[/url] If you want to see any examples let me know & GL with your search!
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    lizard2278lizard2278 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to third Rob & Kathleen - they are the best! 
  • Options
    Erin&MikeyErin&Mikey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jerome Braga at Studio1923...amazing!
  • Options
    JuRo79JuRo79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Victoria Souza Photography, out of Monroe for our wedding in November.  Vicki and Erik (wife/hubby team) are awesome! We had a blast w/ them during our engagement session.  They have a great blog also -- www.victoriasouza.com.    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Jerome Braga at Studio1923..his work is absolutely stunning. =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lynde129lynde129 member
    edited December 2011
    im using Picture This out of Danbury- Mike Tomassi. I think he's really good and pretty good priced!
  • Options
    jenna2415jenna2415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Lam Photography out of West Hartford.  Lam and his wife Carmen were sooo nice and accommodating when I met with them, and I knew as soon as we met that they were the ones.  Check out their website at lamphotography.com and good luck!!!
  • Options
    HeatherB328HeatherB328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Anthony DeCarlo (www.decarlophoto.com). He shoots with a second photographer, was very reasonably priced and REALLY talented.  We've seen many pictures from other weddings he's shot and our engagement photos came out great.  I HIGHLY recommend him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are using Eric Foley for our wedding this October.  We love his style and had a blast with our e-pics shoot.  As pp mentioned check out his website and blog.  He has a lot of his work on their along with his packages and pricing.  We are excited to work with him again in a couple months! GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops! Grammar error *there*, not their!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are using Vinny & his wife from King Vincent Storm (www.kingvincentstorm.com)! They have been great so far! Their packages are (IMO) the best out there! You get so much at a very decent price!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Jerome Braga from Studio 1923.  Two of my friends used him and of all of our married friends (which are many) they have the best pics by far!  We just had our engagement shoot with him and had a blast.  They have many different package prices/options. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked with Carla Ten Eyck, who is amazing. And we also met with Jane from Photo Iris (www.photoiris.com), who is also wonderful and does beautiful work. It was the toughest decision so far! IMO you can't go wrong with either of these ladies. :]
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sabina1313Sabina1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Val McCormick, she's got a personality that can't be denied :)  We also met with Eric Foley as well and it was a really hard choice, loved them both and their work was pretty much the same as far as we could tell.  It really came down to who we clicked more with (we're actually sort of hoping that Val uses Eric as her 2nd shooter, lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know ours has photo booths on her price list and we have two photographers We are using Catherine Fiehn www.catherinefiehn.com is her website out of Milford, her photos are amazing, she is a top model photographer that also does weddings and I liked the fact that she can do make up also. We also looked at and liked Troy PhotographyHopkin's Studiosand Robert Taylor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards