Asian Weddings

Hello!

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm of Dutch heritage but my FH is half Korean. I wanted to incorporate a few cultural aspects from his side but unfortunately the closest I got was using chopsticks instead of sticks for holding my table numbers in the centerpiece vases :) I'm curious to see what ideas come up here!

Re: Hello!

• edited December 2011
    Cute idea! 
  • edited December 2011
    That's a cute idea! :) I'm using Korean wedding ducks for our cake toppers instead of monograms, statues, etc. I love them & we can keep them for our home afterward. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We decided to get the Korean wedding ducks too (thanks for the suggestion BentleyBaby!).  My FI's grandmother is going to send usthem to us.  We are not going to use them as cake toppers, but we are going to have them on a table at the reception (with the favors) and have the history of the tradtion framed beside it.
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you liked the idea! :D They're supposed to be a wedding gift too so if your relative sends them to you it has double meaning. :) My brother brought them back for us when he was studying in Korea last month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards