Colorado-Denver

Makeup & Hair Frustration

Ok ladies...I already scoured the previous pages of posts before I bothered you. :)I am getting married 10-10-09 in Morrison.I still need someone for hair and makeup, preferrably someone who will come on site...I check with Danica with Makeup Envy and she is booked. :(I checked with Liz wit Beauty on Location by Liz and she has another wedding nearby but it would be cutting it too close.I checked with Katelyn Simkins (amazing!) and she is booked. :(I have been chatting with:LEA CURRY/LEA SURRELLJENECE AMELLA (Styles by Jenece)VICTORIA MELTZER (Blush Artistry)Does anyone have any experience with either of these artists???  I really like Jenece's work but she has a clause in her contract that states that, if, for whatever reason she can't make it, she will send someone else in her place, and if that person can't make it, then she will give me enough notice for a plan B.  WTF?  I am 2 months away from my wedding...this IS my plan B.I would be ok with going to a salon in the Lakewood/Morrison/Golden area to have my hair done and then just having someone come on site...any salons you ladies can recommend in those areas?My only concern is that I have very long thick hair and I need someone who is very good with updo's to make sure mine stays...TIA,Adrienne

Re: Makeup & Hair Frustration

• amberlyroseamberlyrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Jo D for makeup? I loved her and she doesn't mind going out of the way to get your makeup done. I also liked Victoria (she did my boudoir makeup) but liked Jo D's style a bit more..
    puppies-1

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't checked out Jo D yet because in your review you said that she was running late and that she packs in a few brides each day...that kinda freaks me out.Do you think I should still check her out?
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Zen - A Mobile Spa? A friend of mine (and her mom and little sister) used them and said nothing but great things about the service and they all loved their hair and make-up. I tried booking, but they were all snapped up by the time I got around to it. The gal's name that runs it is Denise. I would try giving them a ring. http://www.zenamobilespa.com/welcome.html
    imageimage
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • edited December 2011
    Jenece did my hair and make-up for a corporate video shoot I did last year and she was awesome!  So friendly and just did amazing work.  I would definitely recommend her. 
  • amberlyroseamberlyrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jo D may have been late, but my makeup was perfect :o)
    puppies-1

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Katelyn is my BM! We're date twins :) I bet she could recommend somebody else for you, she knows tons of people in the wedding industry, you should email/call her and ask. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my trial with Victoria from Blush Artistry, I think she did an amazing job (PIB). She is really personable and listens to what you want. I highly recommend her!
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the input ladies!  I will try to make a decision soon... :) XO
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Lea in my profile...I absolutely LOVED her and she did my mom and I's hair and we both have SOOO much hair.  She even commented on the fact that she thought it was illegal for us to have so much hair but ours turned out great.  I can't recommend her enough...just so you know, I had 5 make-up trials and 3 hair trials and decided on her and couldn't of been happier!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope I'm not too late to help but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rachael at Girls and Curls. She is moblie and she is a wedding day must have! She does both hair and airbrush makeup...which is the best thing EVER! Her pricing is very reasonalbe and you get way more than you pay for! All I can say is she's the best! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, I just got married on July 25th, 09 and Keri Winters who is based out of Castle Rock did my hair and make up. She did a phenomenal job and I can't say enought about how felxible she was. She did my hair and make up at my hotel and then drove to the ceremony site to put my veil on and see me in my dress! She was really great! Here website is: http://www.keriwintersbridal.com/And to take a look at my hair and make up you can see my photographers blog post at: (Fyi my eye brows were not this dark. I think the photographer enhanced them for the pics.) http://www.dawnsparks.com/blog/2009/07/31/jamie-adam-2Goog luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards