Michigan-Detroit
Options

wtf rsvp-ers?!?

After three days of no rsvp cards, I was excited to see 3 in the mailbox today. One of them is FI's cousin or aunt, someone that I'm sure I've met but don't remember. Well her card said "two seats have been reserved in your honor" & she puts TEN in # attending. w.t.f. Surprisingly, I haven't had as many rsvp stories as I thought I would. Granted, we're still waiting on 120some.

Re: wtf rsvp-ers?!?

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10!!! WTF?!  Ugh - sorry you have to deal with that one.  :(
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMAO, I'm sorry...it's ridiculous but I can't help but laugh. I swear, someone should write a book about these things! Def make FI tackle that one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF?! 10! that is crazy.ours are due tomorrow, and we're waiting on what seems like a ZILLION people!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is ridic! What are they thinking?!? 10 people...
  • Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good lord *rolls eyes*
    imageimage
  • Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That has got to be a joke, if not  my @$$ would be all over that stat. Moe... really, over 100 people havent RSVP'd, thats absurd. I have 96 and they are due by Friday, I cant believe some people, it really surprises me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I told FI he needs to get on that stat. Those were my actual words :) & I just text him to see if he figured it out yet. Who even knows 10 people?! Ours are supposed to be due by Monday.
  • Options
    jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, oh no!if it's any consolation, it was only my first two batches that had any errors/annoyances. everything else has been smooth sailing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is probably a joke. I do that to my friends sometimes. Of course you have to check it out, but my money is on that it is a joke.
  • Options
    eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be an awful joke especially if you dont know the people- Im hoping they were just confused. The rudeness that people exhibit just astounds me.
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm 99% sure it's not a joke. These aren't people we're close with & joke with. Plus, they're old. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree... because she doesn't know them that well, it is not funny. Like I said, I do it to my friends. I wouldn't do it to someone who wouldn't know I was kidding. On your RSVP cards do you have the names of the people coming or just number attending? If she wrote 10 and only put 2 names, it is probably just a joke.
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    edited December 2011
    It was addressed to frank & terry robinson. she sent it back: ms. terry robinson, 10 attending. so maybe she's not even bringing frank :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you invite other people from her fam? maybe shes RSVP'ing for all of them? Otherwise the ladys a whack-a-doodle and is bringing her imaginary friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10!!! I can't believe people actually have the balls to do something like that.  Adding one extra is bad enough but 10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wtf. if this is a joke, you should put her at a table by herself with the 9 imaginary friends she RSVP'd for and go ha-ha, joke's on you!
  • Options
    l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMAO @ blackberry... love that idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg. please f/u on this. i want to know what the eff "10" means. like is that really ten people? does she want ten meals? chairs? a table to herself? ten servings of cake? i mean how the H is she going to get 9 other people to that wedding!!!!???? i feel like this isnt a joke. saying "8 million" is a joke. 10.... people are crazy enough to think that's o.k.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE!! :) She was serious. Her & frank, her 2 kids & her sister's 6 kids (her sister wasn't invited). Since I don't know her, I kinda want to go off on her. Normally I avoid confrontation but this is tempting. FI says he's on it. I told him to be firm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry but I did chuckle at this mostly because how absurd it is. Maybe she's RSVPing for a bunch of people that haven't sent it in yet. Or her and her husband and their 8 dogs?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok that is just not funny. Someone needs to smack the crap out of her. Sorry it wasn't a joke. I was hoping for your sake that it was!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG - her sister's 6 kids! And the sister wasn't invited?!? This is by far the most insane RSVP to date.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And I bet they would bring a present worthy of ten people as well. NOTGo girl! Be firm and tell that biah no way jose.
  • Options
    ksunquestksunquest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was srsly hoping it was a joke, but it sucks that it wasn't. Why do people think they can invite people on their own. This isn't a friggin house party where you BYOB - people have to PAY $$ for this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LovesPink927LovesPink927 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That woman is out of her mind if she thinks in anyway that what she just did with her RSVP was appropriate!  I hope FI gets it all figured out and someone tells her she's a crazy woman!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap that's pretty crazy. Who would think it was ok to bring 8 kids? Did you even invite HER kids?
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    edited December 2011
    apparently the uninvited sister was being spiteful & put her kids down. whatever, i'm beside myself with irritation. i think it's straightened out but she still wants to bring one kid. i said no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha.  I laughed too.  That's awesome.  People crack me up.
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    two seats = 3. duuuurrr
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    DatsyuksMommyDatsyuksMommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG How do you even respond to that? I am so afraid that when I finally get to that point someone is going to try to pull something like that on us and our venue is so small there will be no way. I wouldn't want to be biatchy but do you have to be tactful when someone is being that rude first?
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards