Michigan-Lansing
Options

New to this:)

Hi everyone! I am new to these chats so I really don't know how to start! My fiance Brian and I are having a Christmas/Winter themed wedding next year hopefully here in Midland. We are just getting started but we are really hoping to find our reception site and church soon. We want something with a wintery feel.

Re: New to this:)

• Options
    jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! I am a winter bride as well! Dec. 19, 2009. Unfortunately, I don't know the Midland area very well, but if you need suggestions around Lansing, let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Horizon Center in Saginaw is always a safe bet for a gorgeous reception.  I've also heard the DoubleTree in Bay City is gorgeous.  Oooh, and Bay Valley Resort!As for a church, I absolutely love the Midland Presbyterian Church.  My parents got married there 34 years ago.  I would have loved to get married there as well, but it's a bit too far for FI's grandparents (they live in Flint).  My grandparents live in Midland though so it would have been convenient for them!  I'm getting married in Frankenmuth (my hometown) instead so it's halfway for both sets of grandparents. :)Congratulations!  I hope you have a wonderful time planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about Midland, but my FSIL is using Apple Mountain in Saginaw/Freeland for her New Year's wedding this year.  It should be gorgeous in the winter!  I have been there for summer weddings, too, and it was great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our NYE wedding at Horizons in Saginaw.  They have gone above and beyond what I have expected.  You can go simple or extravagant.  Horizons does all the planning from flowers, to invitations, to favors to food...they have everything you want.  But if you're a DIY bride and want to do some of it yourself..they wont' get upset.  The best food, and the best help ever!  Highly recommended!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love all these places you guy's have mentioned! I especially love the Presbyterian CHurch here in midland and would love to get married there. The problem is they don't know if they'll be doing construction or not so I don't know if I can do it there or not. I'm also thinking about Apple Mountain, Bucks Run, or The Great Hall here in Midland. I haven't checked out the Horizon's Center yet, though I hear it is absolutely gorgeous! I would absolutely love to get married in Frankenmuth since they are all about Christmas and I am having a Christmas wedding, but I don't think we can afford them and they are all booked up on our date:( Thank you so much for all the suggestions everybody! I 'll let you know what I decide!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! :)
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards