Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Things that annoy the sh*t out of you.

Re: Things that annoy the sh*t out of you.

• Options
    People who don't hold the door for others. DH's GPS - today it told me to take a right into a football field!? The kid next door. It must cry 23 hours a day. People who pass on the right.
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate snoring too. This could actually be the root of all my annoyance today since I could barely sleep last night. I guess the large Breathe Right strips are too big for hubby's nose and therefore fuucking useless. And kicking/punching/pushing him only works for about, oh, two minutes.
  • Options
    People who drive slow in the fast lane. Clients who don't read my carefully worded emails and then ask the same fricken question again. Gah! Coworkers who argue with their soon-to-be ex-wife and lawyer loudly on the phone at work without closing their office door. I don't want to hear every detail of your divorce, thankyouverymuch.People who ask me how much I spent on my wedding, and how much my e-ring was.Presumptuous people. Relatives who invite themselves over.
  • Options
    Businesses without websites.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    People who get in the fast lane and go the same speed as the people in the slow lane. Hello! Fast lane means you need to go FAST.People who cut you off then slam on the breaks and then get pissed becuase you are tailgating.People with full size cars that park in compact parking spots. Then leave you nasty notes on your windshield because you have a small car and fit into the spot next to them. But because they have a quad cab full size truck they cannot get into their car if someone parks next to them as their car takes up the entire spot from white line to white line. Its not my fault you bought a peniis truck, don't biitch at me because the full size parking spots are always taken first and you are too fat and lazy to park in the spots that are farther then 10 feet from the building.
  • Options
    Georgia - I feel your pain. I usually try to deal with DH's snoring and shove him to make him stop, but last night I insisted that he wear a Breathe Right because I had an important interview today. He wore it and it worked alright, but not perfectly. I think his snoring is caused my his tongue, not his sinuses.
  • Options
    Sniffling and snorting.Poor cell phone manners - using cell phones at any and all times. Just because it rings, doesn't mean you have to obey. Take advantage of voice mail sometimes people. Interrupting in person conversations is very rude. (I walked out on a patient yesterday during an exam yesterday because she took TWO phone calls during her appointment. And gave ME, her doctor, the wait-a-minute finger. GMAFB.)
  • Options
    cork fees and cutting fees

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    Relatives who invite themselves over.Uggh, this is the worst.  We moved 1400 miles from all of our family for work, and I am thankful just about every weekend and holiday that we don't have to put up with that. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    Businesses that call and do not leave messages.  
  • Options
    When something costs like $1.92 so you hand over two one dollar bills and two pennies. Then the person proceeds to stare at the change for everrrr like they don't have any idea why you handed them the pennies. How do they not get it is easier for them to just hand me the dime back than 8 pennies? Usually the register just tells you what change to give anyway.
  • Options
    Along the same vein as cell phone manners: people that talk on their cell phones while they are in the bathroom. Just because the phone is mobile does not mean that it should be used at absolutely any time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    ggmae, my husband's problem is that he is heavier at the moment than he's ever been, and he even admits that this is why he snores. And is tired all the time. And doesn't feel good. Yet he doesn't ever want to even walk around the neighborhood. Whatever, dude. I have S/M and L Breath Rights and I'm double-teaming him tonight. The S/M try to come off and clearly the L didn't work at all, so maybe a combo approach will be the ticket.
  • Options
    One of my FI's work colleagues who said that he was suprised that Namibia, Africa was so clean considering it's full of "blacks".  My jaw dropped...
  • Options
    people who think that being annoying is cool and/or funny. People who drive slow in the fast lane. Staff who don't give a shiit about anything, including the welfare of the company. People who talk too loud in public, or listen to their ipods so loudly that I can make out the song, and lyrics from far enough away that I shouldn't be able to. Children in WalMart. Oh how I hate when people take their kids to WalMart (sorry if you're one of these). Learn to control them!
  • Options
    Children in grocery stores.  Especially when both parents are there.  I mean, really?  You can't just leave one at home with the kids.  Your kids are running around like wild beasts, getting in my way, while you and your husband debate the finer points of two generic pastas. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Georgia and ggmae - I snore really badly, too (also, becaseu I'm overweight, but I'm working on it), and find that the Breath Rite strips don't always work.  I actually bought a jar of little pebbles that were soaked with majorum to prevent snoring.  I was skeptical, but I bought it and FI says that it seems to be working.  I breath it in deeply a few times before going to bed and leave it open next to me on the bedside table.  I can't remember what it's called, but I know there's a webiste on the jar - if you're interested, I can post it tomorrow.
  • Options
    My H for keeping it so cold in our house.
  • Options
    To add to the children one... children in restaurants after 7:00pm. DH and I purposefully wait to go out to dinner so we have 'adult' time. What are your baby and three year old doing out with you at 9:00pm? Really?
  • Options
    Children in WalMart. Oh how I hate when people take their kids to WalMart (sorry if you're one of these). Learn to control them!Yes! Yesterday, I had to stop by to get dinner stuff, and school started this week, so as you can imagine, it was super crowded. Well, it seemed like for every one adult, there were ten children. I almost mowed down three kids,and it was not my fault that they were hanging out in the aisle- their parents/guardians were all RIGHT THERE but clearly more interested in something else. By the third kid, I was this.close to just hitting him to see if his mom would look.
  • Options
    TiDa-I'd love the information about the marjoram jar.  Please post it tomorrow.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Businesses without websites.Yes, if you own a business, you should have a website.
  • Options
    People who talk on cell phones while in restaurants, movies, or the library.
  • Options
    People who use a whole roll of TP when they pee.  A couple of squares will do you just fine, you're going to wash your hands anyway!And to add to that, those that use ridiculous amounts of paper towels.  And to top it off, either don't flush (why? why? why?) or don't pick up their paper towels when they miss the trash can.It irks me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    People who think that if you exercise and take care of yourself, it must be because you are obsessed with being thin and are vain.  Um hai, being healthy is important?

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    People saying "please be nice" when they ask for opinions See post above this one Sorry I am usually more of a lurker, but that irked me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TiDa, please do. I'll try anything. Breath Rights did work, but lately, they're not as effective.
  • Options
    Will do gkb!
  • Options
    People who listen to ipods while you're trying to talk to them!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TiDa, please do. I'll try anything. Breath Rights did work, but lately, they're not as effective.I find that if I wear a strip for a few days in a row, they become ineffective.  If I go awhile without one and use them every once in awhile, they work like a charm.  It's weird.I'll definitely post that info tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards