Texas-Austin

AW: Wedding Dress Weekend is Finally Here!

Tomorrow morning my sister and I drive to Dallas to pick up my mom who is flying in from Illinois, and we are all staying at future in-laws house for 'Dress Shopping Weekend'!! This will be the first time since 1994-ish that I have tried on a dress. (Yes, my mom made me try on wedding dresses while prom dress shopping. Dresses in the mid-90's were NOT attractive!)We are hitting a couple stores with ALL the women (9 total!) tomorrow once my mom arrives then going out for a girls dinner. Friday & Saturday will just be shopping with my mom, sister and FMIL. We're going to try & find some nice MOB/MOG dresses while we are out and about as well.The girls on the Dallas board (and cheese!) were nice enough to give me some great recs for shops to go to there and FMIL planned out a route and set up all the appointments for us, so I think it should be fabulous! Lunch at the Zodiac and shopping at Neimann's on Saturday too. (Just in time for their 75% off sale. Yay!) Maybe I will come home with that Oscar de la Renta or Kenneth Pool I've been drooling over... Hope y'all have a great end of week/weekend & I'll report back upon my return!
~ Trish Finfer
Blog

Re: AW: Wedding Dress Weekend is Finally Here!

• edited December 2011
    Yay! Have lots of fun! (And don't forget to take pictures, you know we are all going to want to see dress pics!)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    good luck!
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • mujerboricuamujerboricua member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should totally go from store to store sipping some champagne :) I hope you have a great time. I'm jealous. One of the things I hated most about dress shopping was not having friends or family there (all are scattered about). Savor it! Take lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear all about it.
  • edited December 2011
    yay!  can't wait to hear about it.
    then.now Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo! Fun!  I came back from wedding dress shopping weekend with scratches from various pins and dress beading - but it was totally worth it! Have a blast and YES: PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!
  • selinacvselinacv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun! You better have pictures to show me when you come back.  Or a Sprinkles cupcake... =)
  • edited December 2011
    Have tons of fun and can't wait to see what you find!
  • edited December 2011
    WOOHOOO!!!! Have an amazing time, and I agree with the other girls, come back with pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! So much fun! Take lots and lots of pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    If it's not already on your list, I'd recommend Terry Costa. Have fun!
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray! Have lots and lots of fun and feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions about store policies/time lines/alteration possibilities or whatever.  A year in this business has given me a lot of insight and since I'm not your bridal associate you don't have to worry about me answering your questions from a selling bias. Take tons of pictures, too! :-D
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhh yeah, you definitely should hit up Sprinkles and get a cupcake while you're there.... you won't regret it! :)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Got back yesterday - no dress yet. We did go to Terry Costa and they were wonderful. We were going to stop at Sprinkles on Saturday but didn't have time. They do have delish cupcakes1! So, I think I probably tried on 100 dresses total and went to 8 stores in 3 days. Whew! Took today off works because I am worn out - getting a massage at 2pm to destress. We'll be back at it in Austin the 22nd, so maybe I'll find something then. Fingers crossed!! 
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards