North Carolina
Options

June G2G Activity *Poll*

Alright, well, there seems to be a decent amount of fellow knotties here today, I'm going to go ahead and post this.

Here are the ideas for the June G2G Weekend of the 26/27
If you have other ideas, please let me know!

Happy Voting!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: June G2G Activity *Poll*

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to elaborate a little more :

Game Night = I've got plenty and if anyone else wants to bring theirs too thats fine. We'd do kind of a 'pot luck' / cookout for food.  I can host at my house in Fuquay (its about 20-30 mins from Raleigh)

Lake Day = Enjoying a great weekend at the lake with swimming, cookout, and smores! Great way to meet your fellow knotties while also being outdoors :o)

Bowling = well. . .Im not sure how much more I could elaborate on this one. .ya bowl, have fun and if we do it up by state. . you can have a beer or two as well!  (So long as your legal and safe!!)

Putt Putt = more than likely at Frankie's in North Raleigh, but theres also another place in Raleigh on Capital (could be mistaken)

I'm thinking with the Game night / Lake Day FI's & DH's are welcome to come (everyone could use to make more friends! :o) )

Also with these too, it'd all be kind of a pot luck deal. Bring some munchies and such :o)

What does everyone think?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am sad that I am going to miss out!!!  But, I know there will be more opportunities in the future!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw we'll miss you!! Hopefully it'll work and we'll actually be able ot pull it off lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG so many awesome choices!  I don't know what to choose!

Can I choose more than 1? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i <3 lola and so glad she was rescued by two awesome people!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww thanks Amanda Smile
  • Options
    janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    boo-hoo, but I'm all the way down in Charlotte...Undecided
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats ok! If we end up with the camping you guys can come camp with us! :o)
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you elaborate on how much the lake thing would cost?  It sounds fun, but also a litttle more expensive, and most of us are still saving up for weddings!!  If not expensive, it sounds fun, although we wouldn't be able to stay overnight. 

I always love game nights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From what I've heard it cost like $25 for tent sites and then I THINK that if we've got a site rented you DONT have to pay to get your car in. . if we go to the public beach, then it cost per car (6-10?)

We were thinking about getting the tent sites to avoid having everyone pay for entrance.

**Dawn, if you have any input please let me know, as I'm not COMPLETELY familiar with Jordan Lake :o)

I'm still checking, but it shouldn't cost too much at all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could join, the camping idea sounds SOOO much fun, but alas, I will be getting MARRIED that weekend!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh snap! well. . you know, I guesssss you can miss the G2G for that! Lol :o)

You'll have to tag into the next one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I def. will. I haven't been to one of these yet... :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a blast!! Wish I could go, we are going to a wedding that weekend in Charlotte.  But if I was going, I'd vote to go camping at the lake/beach. haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have to pay $6/car for entrance into a Jordan Lake park. 

Camp with no hook ups: $20/day
    Camp with elec and water: $25/day

Beka,  I realized that Carl is going to be on call that weekend so we are not definite in camping that weekend.  We will know closer to the date. :(
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like game night might be simpler to setup at least for this first big get together (at least in the past six months) -- and without knowing who could make it, it could get expensive for whoever reserves the sites.

I would only be able to come the evening of the 26th as we have plans earlier in the day and couldn't stay too late since we would have 1.5 hours to drive home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards