Kentucky

Question for you...

Hey Knotties, So I think we’ve all seen Jill and Kevin’s wedding processional. There have been lots of chat on the boards about it, whether you love it or not, I want to know if you've seen anything like this at a wedding or plan on doing it at your wedding? It seems like we’ve went from a choreographed first dance to this. I’d love to hear what you’ve seen at weddings or receptions since this has become a trend. You can email me at ajones@theknot.com or post below. Thanks so much!Annie
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Question for you...

• millieandsheamillieandshea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was great! I had planned a choreographed first dance and this is making me think of something creative to do during the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen it a handful of times as the recessional. (When the B&G come back down the aisle as Mr. & Mrs.) But not as the processional.But to be honest...... although it was VERY cute... I thought it was kind of out of place for a church ceremony. I dunno... I guess I am old fashioned, but I feel like if you are getting married in a church, you should be dignified and respect the sacrament.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL @ Clairee. My first reaction?  They are definitely not in a Baptist church. LOL...(Baptists no likey dancing). Honestly, I think every couple should embrace their individuality before the wedding industry turns their wedding into a cookie cutter, butterfly-releasing, dollar dancing show of bland.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally did not care for it at all. I just feel like the actual wedding ceremony should be a bit more dignified. But anything can go at the reception, IMHO. If that’s what they wanted, then go ahead! But it’s not for me.  I agree with Claire- you should be dignified and respectful of the sacrament you are entering into. And I also agree with Molly, make your wedding your own not a “cookie cutter, butterfly-releasing, dollar dancing show of bland”.
  • tncomb00tncomb00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was great.  I'd love something like this at my wedding, but I think all my bridesmaids would drop out because they would die from embarrassment if I asked them to do something like this.  However, they all looked like they were having fun in the video, and I think that's the most important thing.  Kudos to them for having a good time with their ceremony!
  • SomethinBluSomethinBlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was funny. But, I guess I'm more conservative and would say it was out of place in a church. I also am not sure how creative or unique it is.  It's not a lot different from the choreographed dances at the reception. Feels like i have seen that 100 times. But maybe as a guest it would be original.
  • KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED IT. For them.  I would never in a million years do this because A: I agree that you should respect the sacrament in a church, and B: My mother and grandmother might never speak to me again.Also, my priest won't even let me do a unity candle because it isn't a religious symbol and has no place in the ceremony.  I can't imagine busting this out at the rehearsal.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Kate, I think you should shimmy down the aisle to "I like big butts and I cannot lie."
  • edited December 2011
    I like adding personality, and I am going pretty non-traditional in some aspects of my wedding. But, I thought the dancing down the aisle was tacky and immature. I know couples who have walked out to a special or fun song (Mrs. Robinson for a couple named Robinson), etc., but that online fiasco was a little over the top for my taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards