Favors
Options

favor opinions please!

We're getting married at a ski resort in the middle of January and trying to decide on favors.  It's down to three:1) baby pine tree saplings in cute little jars (eco-friendly, mountain themed and FI's favorite)2) White Hostess Snowballs wrapped in cellophane (tasty and wintery)3) snowflake picture holder ornamentsif we did the pine trees we could do the Snowballs at the welcome reception as desert since we're having a pizza and beer game night.  i think the ornaments are cute but I feel like they've been overdone.  thoughts??TIA!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day

Re: favor opinions please!

• Options
    Alisha_AAlisha_A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the pine trees a lot -- but make sure you note that if people can't plant them to leave them and they will be donated to the Audobon society or something similar. You don't want them to die! Also make sure not to get an invasive species. The hostess snowballs on pizza and beer night is so cute! I give those a big NO for the wedding favor but big thumbs up for pizza and beer night. love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh my are those masti-danes in your picture??  soo cute!

• Options
    Alisha_AAlisha_A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Nope, all Dane though! The one to the left (dark grey) is my foster girl Daisy, behind me is Parker, and the giant beast in front is Hank, who just looks part mastiff but is all Dane!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ah, Hank was throwing me off, he looks just like our Tinker who's a brindle masti-dane.  they are all beautiful!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Alisha the pine tree idea sounds great and even the snowballs at your welcome reception sound good. Clever ideas. Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about making Hot Cocoa Cones as favors?  All you do is fill a cone-shaped clear cello bag with hot cocoa, insert the cocoa-filled bag into another cone bag (to prevent the mix from seeping into the marshmallow area) and fold down the top (trimming if needed), and then add mini marshmallows (and sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, etc. if desired) to the top.  Then secure the top of the bag with a twist tie and tie a ribbon over that.  You can tie a little favor tag to it, too.  Just another idea for a winter wedding.  You can find instructions on the internet - [url]http://tinyurl.com/cocoacones[/url].  They probably would be pretty cheap to make - you could buy a big canister of cocoa mix, and store-brand mini marshmallows.  Nashville Wraps sells the cone bags for $8.95 for 100: [url]http://tinyurl.com/conebags[/url].[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/125jd47.jpg[/img]I agree with PPs that the Hostess SnoBalls would be really cute at the welcome reception.I think the saplings are a cute idea, but I'm afraid not everyone would plant them and they might be a little worse for wear after traveling back home in guests' suitcases.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the hot cocoa idea! But out of your 3 options, I like the mini tree the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards