Hawaii

Vendor dropped

Just got dropped by a vendor because I said something on this site that was negative about them. I guess we're not free to speak our minds and tell the truth about our experience after all now are we?
Hmmm.. Why do I feel so unfairly treated right now?

Re: Vendor dropped

• I'm sorry to hear about that... I guess we all need to learn the art of talking about experiences in such a popular public forum...

It's not nice that they dropped, but it may be a good thing for you to be able to look for another vendor since you already have negative comments on them... Hope everything goes smoothly with your wedding!!

• What vendor dropped?  Cake? Flowers? Location?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_vendor-dropped?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:314a9d57-8564-46f0-a705-d35467b08be3Post:be4284a5-81ba-4090-8238-be74065b7002">Vendor dropped</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got dropped by a vendor because I said something on this site that was negative about them. I guess we're not free to speak our minds and tell the truth about our experience after all now are we? Hmmm.. Why do I feel so unfairly treated right now?
    Posted by ricasunga[/QUOTE]
  • It may be a blessing in disguise, if you already had bad experiences then you would only worry abuut it more before the wedding day.
  • Wow.  That's kind of creepy...do they have people searching these forums for brides who say bad things about them?  Hope everything works out for you and that your next vendor is a million times better! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do agree with everyone above. Weirdly enough, I'm not upset. I don't think it was ever meant to be. None of what I posted was ever made up, exaggerated, or a lie. But it is weird to be confronted by a business in that way and for them to have taken no accountability for anything...
  • In Response to Re:Vendor dropped:[QUOTE]Wow. nbsp;That's kind of creepy...do they have people searching these forums for brides who say bad things about them? nbsp;Hope everything works out for you and that your next vendor is a million times better! : Posted by b14eeyore[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. But I think businesses should use criticism to better themselves not to drop clients. I think that's the whole point of social media and reviewing at sites like this. So that the consumer can speak freely and the businesses take note.
  • Yes, vendors lurk. And many of them forget that word of mouth can make or break them. I know photographers Shawn Starr and Frank Amodo both got big because of this website.

The best ones learn from the feedback given and try to provide better service - obviously yours didn't fall into that category! Be sure to go march yourself over to wedding wire and write a review of your experience dealing with them.
  • You are absolutely right.  In the day and age of technology, you are only as good as your last positive review.  In my opinion, them dropping you only gives you more reason to write an even worse review of them.
    You surely have the right to express your opinions on here, sometimes I feel that this forum is one of the only places to be truly honest about how things are going.  I think truly professional vendors would use the criticism constructively.
    Hope you are able to replace them quickly.
    Best to you in your wedding planning!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_vendor-dropped?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:314a9d57-8564-46f0-a705-d35467b08be3Post:aa095224-62a7-4abc-b2fd-4a2f0676f0ca">Re:Vendor dropped</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Vendor dropped: Totally agree. But I think businesses should use criticism to better themselves not to drop clients. I think that's the whole point of social media and reviewing at sites like this. So that the consumer can speak freely and the businesses take note.
    Posted by ricasunga[/QUOTE]
  • I agree with all PP, that's a bit nuts for them to drop you though, how rude! But like everyone said, blessing in disguise and now you have a good reason to flame the hell out of them. The fact that they wouldn't try to rectify the situation and do everything they could to change your mind speaks VOLUMES about how they do business...They aren't just losing your business, they are losing loads more with their treatment of you. Let the roast begin! :-) you will be much better off without them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards