Hawaii

Oahu wedding cake vendor needed

Hi Ladies,

I desperately need your help and expertise.  I'm getting married early next year on Oahu and just realized that my cake vendor is no longer available.  I searched the forum for suggestions but didn't really find any.  Can you please share your experience and names of your wedding cake vendor?  Thanks a million. 

Re: Oahu wedding cake vendor needed

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We're using Tiers of Joy.  We went cake tasting, and the white chocolate chip was super tasty.  We've got a cool little cake planned, with palm trees, bamboo sticks and two little sugar surfboards as toppers.  She does all of her work with buttercream not fondant so it was super tasty too.  

We also looked at La Patisserie, but weren't impressed with the website.  They're a local bakery with a couple of cafe locations.  We went to try something, but nothing struck our fancy.  We also looked at Yummy Cake Delights but found they didn't ahve a lot of flavours available.  Hope that helps

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, and I believe her sister runs D'Lish catering, so they could work together too.  We're going with our hotel for food, as it's a package thing.

• edited December 2011
    We went with A Cake Life & enjoyed our cake very much! Here is my review for them:

A Cake Life: A+

Kristin at a cake life is the sweetest thing. We loved working with her & our cake was just what we wanted. We got a mini cake with 72 cupcakes on a 3 tiered tray. We chose a bright blue base color with white seashells on top, and then the topper had coral around it. We topped it off w/ an “H” monogram. She worked with us on price & the amount was perfect amount for our 45 guests. She even let us do a tasting when we arrived in Oahu to finalize our flavors (we had some filled cupcakes). We did: Red Velvet, White cake w/ Strawberries & Cream filling, & White cake with Lilikoi filling. All delicious!! Great to work with, professional & timely!

• edited December 2011
    We are using A Cake Life too - and Kristin is AWESOME - we are doing a coconut cake with pineapple cream and a chocolate cake with oreo cream....they were both amazing!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Cake Works, they delivered it on time, it was a decent price and it tasted great, I have info in my bio link below.
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Cake Works, but had a small cake and cupcakes which our guests really enjoyed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards