North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

officiant question about Rev Jay

Good morning knotties!  For those of you that used Rev Jay, when does he contact you about your ceremonies?  Our wedding is August 15th and I don't want to harass him bc I know he is busy, but I was wondering what our next step is.  We sent him the ceremony prep form about a month and a half ago and haven't heard anything.  Should I contact him or does he usually just get back to us right before the day?  We aren't doing a rehearsal but I did ask a few questions on the ceremony prep form.  I hate to be a nag but I want to be able to tell my mom when her reading is and we may do ceremony cards that show the order of what happens.   Should I let it go and wait for him or risk being a nag and contact him? 
Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: officiant question about Rev Jay

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Rev Jay for my Sept 20th wedding. I too,filled out the ceremony prep form and didn't hear anything back. I just emailed him last week and he got back to me the other day. Don't think you are bothering him, it's his job and he is used to it. I'll post the outline he sent me, and I think it's pretty much the same for everyone.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used Rev Jay for our wedding last year.  I would reach out to him if it would make you feel better.  He is super nice and does not seem like the type to think you were nagging.  Just let him know you would like to talk to him about a couple things and I am sure he would get back to you.

You will be very happy with your decission to use him.  My family and friends are still talking about how great of a job he did.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had already booked our venue when we contacted him and he told us he was booked that day (at the same time at our venue!).  Needless to say that scared us to death. :)  We went back and forth with him a lot trying to figure out who was actually getting married there at that time and he was always very pleasant and responded quickly.  It turns out the other couple got Jay, but we got the venue.  But he was so friendly during the process that you shouldn't hesitate to get back with him at all.  It sounds like you need to lock in your details so you can get your ceremony items printed.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just send him an email or call him.  I'm getting married 8/14 and needed to get the order of ceremony.  This is what he sent me back if it helps.  He said he sprinkles in the readings so that we don't lose people.  Of course, your readings will be different.

PRELUDE
    PROCESSIONAL
    OPENING WORDS OF WELCOME AND PURPOSE
    READINGS: I COR. 13 and Genesis 2
    PRAYER/BLESSING
    READING: EXCERPT FROM 'THE VELVETEEN RABBIT'
    WORDS OF INTENT (this is where you get to say "I do" on your wedding day)
    VOWS OF MARRIAGE
    RING EXCHANGE
    SAND CEREMONY
    READING: ANCIENT APACHE WEDDING BLESSING
    DECLARATION OF MARRIAGE (where I pronounce you "Husband and Wife")
    THE KISS
    PRESENTATION
    RECESSIONAL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mparwulski - I'm getting married the day after you! 
    Thanks everyone- I just sent him an email.
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards