Latino Weddings
Options

Hola Chicas!

Are there any other stressed out latina brides out there?

Re: Hola Chicas!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not stressed but I'm here!! :)  Does anyone know of some nice first dance songs in Spanish? Or some nice mariachi songs to lead us down the aisle?TIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Somos Novios it's really pretty. My second song will be in spanish and its called todo cambio :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about Somos Novios by Andrea Bocelli and Christian Aguilara. :)  Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to look up Todo Cambio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That song is great! Love it! I think that song will be a hit that day. On a different note, how do you post the ticker at the bottom of the message. I have been trying all day and I can't do it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls!  Todo Cambio is a fantastic song.  I was going to use it for my first dance but then I went to my cousins wedding two weeks ago and heard it come on, LOL.  So I'm looking again.  Also when we arrive I'll have a mariachi playing and I have no clue what song to have them play.And the father/dauther song, and the mother/son song?  Lots of questions, LOL.Hopefully we get some ideas in here.  I'm so glad this was started.  I'm in Houston, where are ya'll at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Songs are so hard!!! I dont have any of those songs either.  But I'll let you all know...I have some friends that know a lot about mariachi music looking into it for me :) I'm in Northern California
  • Options
    Daisy0704Daisy0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! I would be very interested in your takes on father daugther dance in spanish... Some thing classic mexican like a Vicente Fernandez song or such. Any ideas?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Breez - your day is almost here!  Let me know what you find out.  I still have awhile though.  My date is 05/15/10
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For first dance - Te amare por Marc Anthony Father and daughter - Mi nina bonita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!!! Here are some father/daughter songs that I have been keeping a list of from searching the web: Amor Sin Limites - Jose Luis PeralesCreo en Ti - Ruben Blades Cuidandote - BebeDe Nina A Mujer - Julio Iglesias Mi Nina - Jose JoseEl Gran Combo - 15 AñosGracias a ti - Paloma San BasilioNadie Como Ella - Marc AnthonyPara Tu Amor -JuanesTu Guardian - Juanes My dad is a music lover and has more music than me and my brothers put together so I am letting him decide on the father daughter song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girle1707! this link explains how to add the tickler or anything for that matter, to your signature:http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=signatureHope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay finally a latina board lol.. i have a question im not sure if anyone knows but you guys ever heard of a song called"always" by atlanti starr??? ok if you did im looking for the version with the spanish guy and girl singing it and i cant remember their names for the life of me.. anyone know? thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls I play in a mariachi group so I have some songs that could be used if you are having a mariachi. For the entrance of the bride and groom at the reception you could use La Negra. For the bride and groom: Mi linda Esposa, Hermoso Carino, Hema, Si Nos Dejan, Eres Tu. Hope that helps you guys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! A Latina board, how exciting. :) All of the songs/artists listed here bring me back to my childhood. We're HUGE music freaks. I have to share that I cried like a baby when I heard "Mi Nina Bonita" for the first time- but is it Vicente Fernandez that sings it? I would love to have this as the father-daughter song and I know my dad will be crying the whole time but I think he will be regardless of the song I choose! <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Verdes! Thanks for the info...... [url=http://<a href="http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers" rel='nofollow'>www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers</a>][img]<a href="http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt32804.aspx" rel='nofollow'>http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt32804.aspx</a>[/img][/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I am back and need your advise, here is the link to my dress and I am completely clueless as far as what veil to wear. http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1082Ayuda por favor!!!!Gracias chicas
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoops forgot to answer Haydee question of where are we all from...I'm from West L.A :-) yay girlie glad to see your tickler worked! Your dress is beautiful! I'm so behind I have not looked at dresses at all, but it does seem like every time I see when I like it is by Maggie Sottero. Have you thought about a catherdral veil? Those are my fav. I had no idea there were so many differnt type of veils out there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Verdes, You need to get on it girl! It takes about 5 months for the dress to get here, plus people say that alterations can take up to eight weeks???? I am form the Bay area
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Ecua girl here, marrying half DR, half Nica. I know you chicas understood that. :-)I second dora's post from way up there, I think "Si Nos Dejan" is the most beautiful mariachi song ever. Also my friend and I were looking back at classic Luis Miguel videos on YouTube - anything he does is pretty much solid gold for weddings!!Que Vivan Las Latinas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VivaLaDiva, I'm 1/2 nica too, like your FI! I have loved Luis Miguel since as long as I can remember, he was the first concert I ever went to! All his stuff is so romantic :-) oh and you have an awesome name VivaLaDiva!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone can you be on this board if your marrying a latino and will need so help with latino ideas to add to the wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Tasha! I think it's wonderful that you are incorporating your FI's culture in the wedding too, that is so sweet of you! The more the merrier! We are all here to help each other :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gracias verdes! My inspiration for it was a spread they did on Salma Hayek (my idol) and this was the headline. I was like, OH YEAH. Tasha, welcome! Any questions, feel free to post!
  • Options
    MrsLeonMrsLeon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome tasha!ofcourse! we are here with open arms :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies, I'm starting to notice that Carlos seems to be a very popular latino name now that I have one of my own
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girle - 5 months to get the dress, whoops I really do need to get on it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girlie, that is a GORGEOUS dress! With all that going on, I think maybe a birdcage would look very elegant, and let the dress take center stage. I say that not know if you mom is like mine... I was "ordered" to get a cathedral length veil while I was visiting my fam in Ecuador, LOL. I'm glad I went with her suggestion, but my dress is a lot simpler than yours (but with definite sparkles!) and our church aisle is long as he...ck. :-) Mine is long and has crystal accents on the bottom of each later (there are like 4).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards