Delaware
Options

Guests You Don’t Give Gifts – So Annoying!!!

So its been about 3 weeks since the wedding and I believe we have all the gifts and cards accounted for and I will be working on thank-you's soon. As I we looked through our list to begin cards we had quite a few guests not bring anything!! I just find this sooo rude, I would never attend a wedding or special event and not bring anything. I know the economy is not the best but you can't scrape of $25 to put in a card?? We put so much thought and effort in planning a wedding that our guests would enjoy and for people not to bring a gift is just plain rude!! What are you ladies thoughts on this???

Re: Guests You Don’t Give Gifts – So Annoying!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had this happen to me too.  I was surprised that people would just show up with nothing....I would never do that.  I do understand that many people are going through hard times...I would have been happy with even a card.  I'm not quite sure what to do about it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a few do this as well, i dont expect gifts but it would have been nice to have at least gotten a card!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant imagine showing up without a gift - Id never!I know we're not doing it to make money (lets be honest, were losing lots of $) but at LEAST get a card!  I dont get people sometimes...
  • Options
    amlinton1615amlinton1615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Steph.  I feel the exact same way.  I mean come on, you can get a card at the $1 store.  I think most brides have this happen, it's sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards