Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR Sweetest puppy my azz!

Ok, so I am puppy sitting for my daughter.  He decides to make lunch out of my rather expensive glasses...who pays?  They were not exactly out of reach, but they werent on the floor either. 

Re: NWR Sweetest puppy my azz!

• you. you didn't keep them out of reach, obviously, because he got them. Pet sitting would require watching him - not charging your daughter because you didn't watach him well enough...
  • puppies are like babies, IMO. If it's in their reach, it's your fault
  • the more I think about this, the more frustrated I get. Be thankful the dog didn't get into chocolate, or something else that could have caused a lot of harm to the dog. Clearly, you weren't keeping a close enough eye on him... and it could have been a lot worse. Again, pay for your own glasses.
  • I think it's on you, puppies are puppies, they chew on things.  It's the human's responsibility to keep things out of reach.Causalty of war, per se.
  • That'd be the day my mom would ask me to pay for her glasses.  Regardless if they were in or out of reach.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Plus, if I was a mother, I think I'd have a really hard time asking my daughter to pay for something.
  • Well Mandy I guess I would put myself in the position of the daughter and if my mom was doing me a favor and keeping my puppy while I was away I would feel responsible for his damage.  I will pay for my own glasses to be sure though.
  • You pay for them, you should be more careful about having everything out of reach. Like shan, you ought to be glad it wasn't something more dangerous, and I'm hoping a shard of plastic or glass isn't in his throat or stomach.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I can't believe you are worried about if your daughter should pay or not when the dog ate your glasses! The puppy could have swallowed a screw and had serious injuries because of your lack of observation.Sorry as a dog owner I just find this attitude unacceptable.
  • Yeah, my mom would never accept my money for anything.  Nor would my father.  Guess that's just the type of parents they are/were.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • isn't stuck*
  • It was the frame not the lenses that were broke.   Im sorry I asked. 
  • The dog is fine everyone!   Geez!!!!
  • the frame is the part with the screw and regardless if he chewed on it bits could have broken off and hurt him. Don't act like the dog was out of harms way just because it was the frame
  • we understand the dog is fine but it could have been hurt. your attitude about poor woe is me when the dog  could have been injured surely shows your priorities. regardless I'm sorry your glasses broke and yes you should pay for them.
  • I was staying on a friend's couch and their dog ate my glasses. I paid. She was a puppy and I should have known better.However, I ended up living with the same friend for a while, and the same dog, older at that time, got into my room and ate two pairs of my shoes. In that situation, they paid.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • IMO, you payPuppies will chew/play with anything availalbe. You should have been more careful.  Be thankful it wasn't anything that could have harmed the pupppy!
  • wow! you're a peach!!!!
  • Of course I am thankful he was not hurt.   Im a nervous wreck when he is here.   Luckily he is fine.    I went into the bathroom for minute and that was all it took.  Of course I will pay for them and I wont even mention to her.Im really not a "peach".  
  • Okay, y'all need to bring it down a notch. The dog isn't hurt, and the woman really doesn't need to have people shrieking at her about how she could have seriously injured the dog, or how she could have let the dog swallow glass, etc etc etc. You're telling me your dog has never gotten into something they shouldn't, eating something they shouldn't, ran away, etc? Right. So knock it off.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Yeah.... I wasn't shrieking. I was informing her that her priorities are messed up and that's my opinion and I'm allowed to convey it. I will "knock it off" when I feel like. Which I had til you had to come in and scold me for giving my opinion.Yes, my dogs have eaten things that I placed out of their reach. They jumped up on a high table and ate some guacamole. I was upset.... that I hadn't put the chairs in a manner the dog couldn't jump on them then up on to the table. I was also worried for my dog. I was not worried, however, about how I would replace the guacamole. All I was saying was who cares about the glasses. Take responsibility for your actions and be thankful that a lack of foresight didn't lead to something worse. Lots of worse "shrieking" has happened on these boards.
  • I'm sorry, but its not like she hit the dog with her car and came on here asking who should pay for the damage. The dog was fine, so her next obvious issue was WTF to do about her glasses. I'm almost blind without my glasses. If I don't have any, I can't drive, I can't read, I can't even make it from one side of the bedroom to the other without injuring myself. If my glasses, expensive ones nonetheless, were eaten by a dog I was babysitting, I might come on here and ask the same question. I think you overreacted. That's just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Screw it, I didn't read the previous posts, but your dog ate GLASSES? You put your daughter's dog in danger and you had to ask if someone else pays?
  • Oh man, I take back what I said... I thought you meant your dog ate your glasses, like juice glasses. I was appauled at how a dog could eat your set of glasses!!Hm, I think I'd let it go, It would piss me off, but he is a puppy. Mention and maybe she'll offer to pay for half.
  • IMO, dogs are like babies. They like to chew on random things.  He's a dog and he doesn't know any better.  It's not like he did it on purpose or that your daughter isn't training him well.It was your responsibility to watch the dog and put expensive things out of reach, so you should pay.  If your daughter was watching the dog when he ate your glasses, then I'd say that she should pay.  But as that's not the case, I think you should suck it up and pay for your own new frames.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards