Minnesota

Ceremony/Reception Site on a $1500 Budget??

My fiance and I want to get married in January 2012 with a $5000 wedding budget. We're going to have 60-70 guests with a really laid-back style. We would like to have the ceremony and reception at the same place so it's easier on everyone, but I'm having a hard time finding a place in our price range ($1500 max for the site's rental fee). My fiance is really against having the wedding at a church, as neither one of us are religious, but that's starting to look like our only option on such a tight budget...please help!!

Re: Ceremony/Reception Site on a $1500 Budget??

• edited December 2011
    What kind of style are you looking for for the space?  Modern? Vintage? 

Not sure if this would match your taste, but one place I've recommended before on the Mpls Board is Four Seasons Dance Studio.  It is located off the cobblestone alley behind Bar Lurcat (right on the edge of downtown Minneapolis).  It is a bit like a loft space with hardwood floors, chandeliers and groupings of couches for lounging (I'll put a pic at the bottom of this msg).  The even have a little raised stage area, which would be perfect for a ceremony.  It is a seriously cool, unique space and is VERY affordable to rent (I think it was about $500 for the whole night).  They let you bring in alcohol and food or you can have it catered. I rented it for my graduation party in May and it was perfect.  Here is a link to their website:

**I would also post this on the Mpls-St. Paul board as it is way more active.

• edited December 2011
    Since you are having a smaller wedding you can usually see if larger banquet halls have other options where they can section off a part of a room for you and some places like Bunker Hills Golf Course have a seperate room for smaller events and then they cost less.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dahlgreen Golf club in chaska is well within that range.  It is max 450 to rent with no food and bev min.  Beautiful!  i have pics in my bio.  I am having 150ish and doing the ceremony and reception in same room
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Try a local VFW..
  • edited December 2011
    Majestic Oaks in Blaine, has their cedar room that doesn't have a f/b minimum.
  • lilangelica04lilangelica04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What city are you looking to have it in? I'm having it in St. Paul at Klub Haus. $1450 for the whole building. If you use less of the building, they will charge you less. It is very beautiful inside!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had her wedding at the Klub Haus in st paul, it was wonderful! They even use pics of her wedding as advertisement on their website. I would recommend that place without a hesitation.
  • divabekkidivabekki member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Washington County Historic Courthouse. It has a nice space for a reception (max 200). The sunday rate for both ceremony and reception is $750. You bring in your own caterer which can help save lots of money.
  • edited December 2011
    If you were further out I would reccommend the Norwood Young America Pavillion. It is beautiful and only $400 for one day. $200 for additional day. Plus a $350 damage deposit.
  • hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at Crystal Lake Golf Course in Lakeville, MN.  It was only 400 to rent and 400 for Ceremony.  FB mim. was the cheapest Ihave seen and it does include any decor you get through them.  Diane was wonderful to work with!! 

I am also gettig married Jan 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Mississippi National Links golf course in Red Wing, MN.  The room rental fee is $250 for the upper banquet room.  They also do ceremonies either downstairs or outside too.  I am getting married April 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards