Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

A lurker needs your opinion!!!

2»

Re: A lurker needs your opinion!!!

• Options
    yeah what exactly was said--that will help us decide if he's being a baby about it or if he's right to be angry.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    How long have you both been dating? And for how long have you been engaged? You mention that you made the statement "a month or two into" your relationship. How long has it been since said statement?
  • Options
    We have been dating for one year and five months.
    "does this sweater make me look fat?" "no, the fact that your fat makes you look fat. That sweater just makes you look purple".
  • Options
    Oh, I should also mention that i've known him my whole life. He is my very good friends, brother.
    "does this sweater make me look fat?" "no, the fact that your fat makes you look fat. That sweater just makes you look purple".
  • Options
    I have to agree with some of the previous posts---there's always some bit of underlying truth in those kinds of jokes/comments--which probably has something to do with why you feel bad about still. I vote counseling also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried apologizing to him? I know that you have been telling him that you didn't mean it, but what about apologizing for allowing yourself to get so drunk that you would say hurtful things. There are things said in life that hurt to the core, and are very difficult to forget. It sounds like he is in that spot. I would have a heart felt talk with him and ask him for his true forgiveness. Until he is able to truly move past it, it will keep being the monkey on the back of your relationship, so to speak.
  • Options
    Your man thinks he has a small peeter. He's insecure. You validated his insecurities.I'm afraid nothing you say will convince him that he's got a good sized schlong because he's had it in his head for forever that he isn't well endowed. The one person who needs to care or not care is you. You showed that you care.Either you both just need to accept that his man sausage isn't up to par and move on, or this is going to be a drag out for forever.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Thanks guys, yes, I have apologized and I have suggested counselling. Clearly something needs to happen before we get married. We need to get past this somehow. I think I will bring up counselling one more time. Should I show him this thread?
  • Options
    Yes, show him that you told the internet that he's not packing. That'll help.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Should I show him this thread?Yes, please let him know that you've been discussing his inadequate manhood with a bunch of strangers on the internet.  He'll be stoked.
  • Options
    That's a long time for a person to hold onto resentment. But men are way insecure about stuff having to do with their virility. Ditto all the PP about going to counseling. In the meantime, erect a shrine to his peen in the corner of the bedroom and pray that his peeter will be merciful and forgive you one day ;)
  • Options
    somehow, i think the fact that you shared his teeny weenie insecurities with a bunch of strangers won't be comforting to him.
  • Options
    If you guys are active have you tried telling him how you like it?  Stuff along the lines of, you feel so good, blah blah blah?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Somehow, I don't think that showing him 32 posts saying "you need counseling" is going to help. The two of you need counseling.  Together.  For the sake of your relationship.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BJs help too.  I would promise him 1 a night for the rest of his life.  But, you have to enjoy it - show him that you worship it.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do NOT show him this thread.Don't just "bring up" counseling, tell him you two are going to counseling period.  Tell him that you are sincerely concerned that he hasn't gotten over this in the year you've been together and before you can marry him, you have to know that the two of you can move past it and he has to know how much you love him and all of the parts of him.  Research couples counselors in your area and present them to him so he knows you're serious.  Look into your insurance to see if you can get any sessions covered, some do and some don't.
  • Options
    you made a joke about his penis & he brings it up way after you said it & apologized.  You will need lots of Counseling. Please don't marry until this is resolved.BTW How is your sex life? Cause I doubt it is good after the joke & the fact that he can't let it go. Counseling & lots of amazing sex might fix it. But it might not. But please don't tell him you have shared this fight with strangers, friends, or family.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    Thanks girls!
  • Options
    Make sure you go to a marital and family therapist (MFT), unless you prefer to go the religious route. For you guys, I'd suggest some pretty intensive therapy. Stuff like this doesn't stick around unless there are other issues in the relationship. Go to http://www.aamft.org and click on the therapist locator. Page me if you can't find one. GL.
  • Options
    H has long harbored similar unwarranted concerns about his size, but says that my enthusiasm in bedroom matters has mostly put those worries to rest.
  • Options
    I still want to know EXACTLY what she said...
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Me too, Pirata.
    photobucket-29369-1334754217385 2012-12-30_13-03-57_810_zps6f98a3be
  • Options
    So, I've gotta ask.If your guy called you fat in an argument while drunk, would you remember that for a long, long time?  Would it affect how you saw yourself?  Would you think that there was some grain of truth to it and he really thought you were fat?Would the women here be up in arms saying "He should love you no matter what size you are?" - because, they're right, he should.  But so should you.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    This isn't fair.  I want to know exactly what you said. I joke with Noodle about his weenis all the time.  He'll be parading about in the living room naked, wave it in my face and I'll respond "Aww, look at the little guy!"  Then I get a potato sack beating and we watch TV.  No big deal.  But that's because he's confident that his weenis is, in fact, not a little guy.  In fact, he says he wishes he had a little weenis because then he'd get the "full effect" of BJs and naughty time.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Just pretend to choke on it whenever you give him head. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ivystar is the voice of pragmatism.
  • Options
    Oh my god....definitely do NOT tell him you discussed it online. That being said....if I were you I would be pisssed that he kept bringing it up over and over. Throwing past issues in someones face on a regular basis is not an attractive quality. I would turn the argument around on him. Tell him you have made it perfectly clear that you did not mean it, it was supposed to be a joke, and if he can't believe you then he is insinuating that he does not trust you enough to believe you are telling the truth and if he doesn't trust you there are much bigger problems in the relationship. I am a master at turning arguments back on people:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ivy, I think I love you. Too soon?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards