• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Pennsylvania-Northeastern

Trying to find affordable Venue near Pottsville/Lehigh Valley/Poconos

My dream wedding is in the woods, but I cant seem to locate an affordable venue. I looked at the Stroudmoor and Woodlands Inn, but they wanted over $20,000 for a guestlist of 150 people. I am open to DIY for all decorating, I can find a caterer etc and I am even open to a tented wedding. It will be in September 2013. Any thoughts? I cant find a list of farms, barns or things like that... it would be PERFECT if there was an Inn nearby or on site.. thanks for any input!

Re: Trying to find affordable Venue near Pottsville/Lehigh Valley/Poconos

• Friedman farms is the only open acreage space and barn that I know of. Everything there ia DIY. Tall Timber Barn is in Canadensis, not sure if thats out if the area for you. Those are the only 2 I can think of. HTH!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am getting married at Friedman Farms and it is  really beautiful if you are looking for that rustic feel. Also, Fiddle Lake Farms just opened their barn for weddings and I believe they have a small in or bed and breakfast on site. Its worth checking out!
  • I am also trying to find an affordable venue in the Pocono Mountain area (perferrably near Lake Harmony).  I am planning a winter wedding January/February 2015.

Any ideas?
  • I had my wedding at Cherry Valley Vineyards in Saylorsburg. I'd highly recommend it. 
  • Try looking for locations in riegelsville, pa or new hope, PA.  There is also a barn in collegeville, PA that does wedding.. it didn't look cheap though, so i'm uncertain of the cost.

I had found a few barn venue sits out in riegelsville, pa, but unforunately they appeared to expensive for me.
  • Wow, Stroudsmoor was over $20,000? I am having a wedding of about 60 and I have been emailing them back and forth... the event coordinator told me the ceremony fee would only be $750 and their buffet prices start at $65 a person. Is this totally off? I am worried now because I don't want to make an appt to see the venue, go all the way out there, and then find out that it's actually way more money!!
  • In Response to Re: Trying to find affordable Venue near Pottsville/Lehigh Valley/Poconos:
    Wow, Stroudsmoor was over $20,000? I am having a wedding of about 60 and I have been emailing them back and forth... the event coordinator told me the ceremony fee would only be $750 and their buffet prices start at $65 a person. Is this totally off? I am worried now because I don't want to make an appt to see the venue, go all the way out there, and then find out that it's actually way more money!!
    Posted by filadelphiafan
    Don't waste your time on Stroudsmoor. It's way overhyped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards