Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can we make this the evening thread?

I know its not even night time yet. But I'm bored. And binging on M&Ms. I guess the upside of strep&sinusitis is I can still eat what I want.

Whats up?

Re: Can we make this the evening thread?

• Hello! I just got home from work. I love when I get home in time to catch Dr. Phil.
  • Oh, Dr. Phil. Can't say I'm a fan, lol. But he certainly can be entertaining.
  • Oh, I'm not a fan. I watch the train wreck ones. :)
  • Ah, gotcha. I'm watching DVR that I need to catch up on. I SHOULD be reading for class. But my brain is still to scrambled for that.

I really don't want to replace my toothbrush.
  • I'm watching Downton Abbey's first season.   Waiting for DH to come home so we can have dinner.  Although I might just eat without him. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm stuck at work for another hour and a half.  Today has seemed like it's dragging.
    I hear you about not wanting to replace your toothbrush.  I had to toss some new contacts last month after I got pink eye (thank you co-worker for bringing it to work with you).

• I only need to replace the head, but the head is $25. So I'm investigating online tips for sterilization instead.
  • Musu, I've read that soaking them in Listerine and then rinsing in super hot water should do it. 
  • Hi Ladies.

Just got home from a super busy day at work. My hands are burning from the worst paper cuts ever.  I'm eating half burnt microwave popcorn (too lazy to make another bag) waiting for H to get home from school so I can start dinner.

Get better soon, MuSu!
    imageAnniversary
  • Have you seen Monk?  In the opening sequences, he's pouring boiling water over his toothbrush head.
  • Evening, I'm at the library again. Tonight, I'm avoiding catching up in my history class. The Cold War is boring in my eyes. 

Musu, I'm sure there's a way to sterilize it relatively easily. I would normally suggest boiling it but I'm guessing it's plastic. 
  • Greetings,

I'm still at work for another 20 minutes.  I'm so happy that tax season is over.  I still do taxes during the  rest of the year, but this is the only time so many are due on the same day.

I think I just sold some tires from H's old car that are clogging up our storage unit.  I love selling H's crap.  He gives me a commission.  I'm happy just selling it to get rid of it and make more room in our place, but since he's giving me the $, I'm cool with it :)
  • Run it through the dishwasher?  That should sterilize it.

I bought some really nummy cheese at the store and am resisting the urge to eat the entire wedge.  

• I bought a huge block of parmesan and I just want to sit and munch on it. It's SO good. I love cheese.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:49cb5b75-2f51-4ec5-9f0f-ab437838a204">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Run it through the dishwasher?  That should sterilize it. I bought some really nummy cheese at the store and am resisting the urge to eat the entire wedge.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

"You ate an entire wheel of cheese?  I'm not even mad, I'm impressed."
  • Hey ladies!  I just finished a Jillian Michaels workout and will probably take a quick shower.  I'm debating what I want to make for dinner since I didn't pull anything out.  I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner so I didn't plan anything but haven't heard from her.  Maybe it will just be more of a snacky night.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I will have to try some soaking tricks!
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Can I whine for a minute?

One of my close friends is getting married on Labor Day Weekend and that's the same weekend as a music festival I go to every year....and I'm going to miss the last day, which is the BEST day. 

I'm obviously choosing her wedding over the fest, but I'm just upset!  Waaah.

ETA:  I'm overly whiney because I just got my tickets for it and I'm listening to some of the acts and I'm making myself sad.  Not very smart of me, right?
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    that's why FI doesn't buy the good parmesan anymore, just the grated.  because I'll eat the entire wheel of cheese.  

LOL, Amy

ETA: Lol to your quote.  I'm not an asshole loling at your vent.  Sorry you have to choose
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:669b4f34-3b3a-40cc-95b1-2f4d83b168de">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]that's why FI doesn't buy the good parmesan anymore, just the grated.  because I'll eat the entire wheel of cheese.   LOL, Amy <strong>ETA: Lol to your quote.  I'm not an asshole loling at your vent.  Sorry you have to choose
    </strong>Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I figured as much!  Ha.
  • Evening! I'm just waiting for lecture to start. I really want wine, but I think H will yell at me if I bring it home. What festival is it, Amy?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Beachy,

What workout are you doing?  I'm thinking of doing 30 Day Shred later tonight. I want to go to the gym but don't feel like driving all the way out there.  I've been doing level 2 forever and should probably try to do 3.  I love Jillian. She helped me get into my wedding dress! 
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:87ed8a9c-8fc6-4312-8702-0359473d93ef">Re:Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening! I'm just waiting for lecture to start. I really want wine, but I think H will yell at me if I bring it home. What festival is it, Amy?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

North Coast Music Festival.  It's all electronic, DJs and Hip Hop.  It's amazing and SO much fun.  And we have a great group that gets together each year for it. 
  • I did 30DS.  Just Level 1 though because I haven't worked out in like 2 weeks and my knee has been killing me.  I bought Extreme Shed and Shred too which makes me sweat my butt off.  And my aunt just brought my Yoga Meltdown since she bought it but doesn't like doing videos.  I haven't tried it yet though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Beachy, I'm gonna have to check out those other videos.  I've been wanting to try a new one so I don't get bored.
    imageAnniversary
  • Well, H just texted me that he's too busy to come home for dinner so I'm on my way to meet him at Qdoba.  I can't wait til he gets out of school in a few weeks and I get my husband back! For a couple months anyway...
    imageAnniversary
  • eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:5d27066f-a020-41f1-8cbc-72a6dc271c5a">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I whine for a minute? One of my close friends is getting married on Labor Day Weekend and that's the same weekend as a music festival I go to every year....and I'm going to miss the last day, which is the BEST day.  I'm obviously choosing her wedding over the fest, but I'm just upset!  Waaah. ETA:  I'm overly whiney because I just got my tickets for it and I'm listening to some of the acts and I'm making myself sad.  Not very smart of me, right?
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

This is why I can't stand it when friends/family think they're "doing everyone a favor" by planning a wedding for a holiday weekend. It ends up screwing up everyone's traditional plans (if they have them). Obviously, my friends/family are important to me, so I go, but it still miffs me that I have to give up a three-day weekend of doing whatever it is I love to do that particular weekend, whether it's a reunion, camping, a festival, or whatever.
  • In Response to Re:Can we make this the evening thread?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we make this the evening thread?:Can I whine for a minute? One of my close friends is getting married on Labor Day Weekend and that's the same weekend as a music festival I go to every year....and I'm going to miss the last day, which is the BEST day.nbsp; I'm obviously choosing her wedding over the fest, but I'm just upset!nbsp; Waaah. ETA:nbsp; I'm overly whiney because I just got my tickets for it and I'm listening to some of the acts and I'm making myself sad.nbsp; Not very smart of me, right?Posted by amys325This is why I can't stand it when friends/family think they're "doing everyone a favor" by planning a wedding for a holiday weekend. It ends up screwing up everyone's traditional plans if they have them. Obviously, my friends/family are important to me, so I go, but it still miffs me that I have to give up a threeday weekend of doing whatever it is I love to do that particularnbsp;weekend, whether it's a reunion, camping, a festival, or whatever. Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started....

This same girl told me numerous times how much she hated to be invited to holiday weekend weddings!

It's obviously not the end of the world, but it's just frustrating.
  • Sorry for that wall of text...I'm on my phone and it's screwy!
  • Evening, ladies. 

I have determined once and for all that I cannot stand my advisor. She SUCKS at getting back to me and makes it nearly impossible to meet with her. The last time I had to meet with her, I ended up staking out her office, since she wouldn't return my calls or emails. She then informed me that her office hours were for her current classes. Grr. 

I'll probably end up meeting with the department chair, like I did last time.

Oh, and I set up an appointment with student legal services. I would like to get my money's worth ($8 per term) and get full use out of it. I'll be setting up a living will.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards