Virginia

Rehersal Dinner

So hampton roads gals where are you/did you have your rehersal dinners???    we were going to do a barbque at f inlaws but id like a non drama filled situation so i am looking for some ideas if you have them, oh yeah did i mention i am broke as all get out?  lol  cheap is good

Re: Rehersal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    We had ours at Doc Taylors, because we had the whole restaurant (they close for dinner), but their sister/next door restaurant does the catering (Tautog's). The food was amazing and the staff was great! I think it ran somewhere around $15/20 per person.  If you need to tighten the belt, I'd pass on having alcohol.
  • lmiles2668lmiles2668 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner in Sandbridge catered by Beach Bully - the best barbque in town. You can "reserve" their patio (seats about 30) and have the dinner there.
  • edited December 2011
    If you know anyone who is a member of a church, often times they can let you use the church dining hall for free. That's what we are doing and we are getting BBQ from Pierce's in Williamsburg (our favorite)
  • edited December 2011
    Is there anyone reading who had their rehearsal (VB or Norfolk) at a nice-ish restaurant with seafood?  We haven't started seriously looking but I would be interested in recommendations. We looked at Freemason Abbey in Norfolk but they don't have a separate area or room you can rent so I'm not in love.
  • shanpanshanpan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehersal dinner at Alexanders on the Bay. It was amazing and on the water, which is a plus!  There is a nice room where they held 40 people and it separates from the normal dining room.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure where I am having mine yet... where is Doc Taylors?.. that seems like a great price! The hotel that we are having our reception at offers a rehearsal dinner package but it is like $36 a person and since we are having 50 some people... that is a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards