Getting in Shape

creatine

How many of you ladies use creatine as part of your supplements, and how do u feel it's working for you?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: creatine

• Building muscle mass isn't a fitness goal of mine, so I do not use creatine.  I'm a competitive distance runner and do crossfit 3-4 times a week, but I really don't see the need to use a creatine supplement (I bench 110lbs, and dead lift around 180lbs, so I do a decent job at lifting).
  • I really like the Men Ripped vitapak from GNC. No creatine but it helps to make definition. So after losing 70 lbs I needed something to help with my last few and to help with definition. If I make a muscle it looks nice not manly. If I am standing without making a muscle my arms look toned and same for legs and abs. Lost my last 6 lbs within the first week and half on it. It has a diuertic, fat burner, CLA (which helps break down body fat to muscle) and a multivitamin. You should take first round with breakfast and second with dinner. I always take the fat burner when I am on my way to the gym, but dont take within 5 hours of bedtime. Just letting you know in case the person at GNC isnt as helpful as mine was. This was reccomended to me by a gym friend and she was right, love it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_creatine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:2ed37af5-dcb2-4309-8321-72f87a0a3ad0Post:360369c6-1abb-4921-8850-5fe2f3605c9c">Re: creatine</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like the Men Ripped vitapak from GNC. No creatine but it helps to make definition. So after losing 70 lbs I needed something to help with my last few and to help with definition. If I make a muscle it looks nice not manly. If I am standing without making a muscle my arms look toned and same for legs and abs. Lost my last 6 lbs within the first week and half on it. It has a diuertic, fat burner, CLA (which helps break down body fat to muscle) and a multivitamin. You should take first round with breakfast and second with dinner. I always take the fat burner when I am on my way to the gym, but dont take within 5 hours of bedtime. Just letting you know in case the person at GNC isnt as helpful as mine was. This was reccomended to me by a gym friend and she was right, love it.
    Posted by keisha520[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Did you just dive into that one, or did you do research first? </div><div>If you did said research, what made you choose that over the GNC Women's Mega Utlra Energy? </div>
  • I spent alot of time researching it on the internet. I read reviews from all sorts of websites. When I went to the store I then quizzed the sales guy on things I already knew. Would have never thought of it had it not been recomended. Many differences.  The fat burner is stronger than the womens and also the Mens has the diuretic and the CLA which the womens does not. They are essentailly 2 completely different mulitpaks. Double the price too which I know stinks.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_creatine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:2ed37af5-dcb2-4309-8321-72f87a0a3ad0Post:2726a913-096c-4d1e-8bbc-8f85700b2dee">Re: creatine</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: creatine : Did you just dive into that one, or did you do research first?  If you did said research, what made you choose that over the GNC Women's Mega Utlra Energy? 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
  • The women's does have the CLA. 
    Of course they are two different, that's why I was asking. 
    I researched both but there are  VERY few reviews regarding WOMEN taking the men's which is why I was asking. 
  • Maybe I was looking at a different one? I had even looked at everything you get in the mens to purchase seperately because it really is more money than I want to part with but it was even more expensive that way of course. Next time I go I will check out that womens one because the one I looked at had a fat burner, Ginco (sp) and a multi. Are you taking anything right now? If so what?
  • Oh and I was very skeptical. Trust me. But Ihave been taking it since May and I dont have facila hair or anything. And I buy 2 months at a time because I wait for buy one get half then I take a month off.
  • http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4190908

THat's what I just bought. 
    We'll see how I feel after this month. I've been dying for energy, so hopefully this is it. I'm not looking for extra help as far as fat burning/muscle building goes. 
    We shall see! 
  • ah and that's a smart move, thanks for the tip! will have to keep that in mind next time and buy two at a time :) 
  • Keep me posted!! I want to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards