Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: Who will I get a call from?

DH was supposed to be off work around 3. He works 20 minutes away. I got a call from his BFF saying that he was supposed to stop by BFF's house around 3:30 to pick some stuff up, but never showed. DH's phone is dead. Again. For the 3rd day this week. It's now almost 7. SO, who do I get a call from (virtual cookies for those that guess right)? 1. the hospital 2. the police 3. the morgue I should probably be worried, but he does this stupid irresponsible $hit all the time. And bad stuff ALWAYS happens when he doesn't charge his cell phone. So, this is how prevent myself from going into an absolute hysteria. I figure someone will call sooner or later.
Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Poll: Who will I get a call from?

• Options
    4.  His Mom?  :)  That's where FI would likely be. 

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I'm going to go police, but on the hopes that he just stole a Snickers bar somewhere 2 hours away and no one is injured. :( 
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    OMG I hope it's the police about something stupid.
  • Options
    Hmm.. where do you think he might have gone?
  • Options
    My knot time is all messed up. What time is it currently for you?
  • Options
    It's almost 7. I don't know. When I talked to him at noon, he asked if I had talked to him mom, because he didn't want to go over there tonight since he had stuff around the house he wanted to do. Plus we have his best friend who's up from NC staying with us, so I don't think he would have gone anywhere. If he wrecked our new car, I'm gonna throttle him.
  • Options
    hmm..maybe just running errands?
  • Options
    Also, Sorry, apparently I suck at reading comprehension as you did say what time it was in your original post..oops.
  • Options
    :/  I'm gonna go with let's hope the police but for something stupid. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'm gonna go eat dinner now. I'll let you know the results when I find out myself.
  • Options
    Oh jeeeeeez. I hope everything is ok. Including the new car.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to go with option 4- a call from him apologizing for being a jerk?
  • Options
    Awww, Amoro beat me to it. That gets my vote. FI does stupid crap like that too. Let us know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also hope that he's just being an inconsiderate moron and that he's safe...not safe from you, of course, but safe in a not hurt or in jail way!
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope neither.  I have anxiety just thinking about this.  Sorry, Tide.
  • Options
    I am mad at him. You are pregant and he should have his phone on at all times. Three times in a week is unacceptable. Guys are lame though. I swear my husband is the first and only man I have ever dated that always answers his phone or calls back shortly after. No wonder I married him. But I mean it...I am mad. As long as he is ok.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you said POLICE, you get half a cookie. So, he stopped by at his grandmother/uncle's house and helped them work on the yard. (He doesn't even really like them, so it would have been the last place I would have looked) The phone wasn't dead, he was just out of signal. Of course, he could have let someone know where in the heck he was, but whatever. While he was there, he got a call from the police. Apparently, the cop found his driver's license and SS card in the middle of the street. Seems he dropped his wallet last night coming home from BFF's house and someone picked it up and rifled through it. Now I get to call and cancel a bunch of CCs. Yippee. But, thankfully... no one was hurt (yet.)
  • Options
    How about he calls to cancel them because he dropped the wallet?  That sounds better.
  • Options
    He really needs to learn how to keep his phone charged.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I told him that it is his job, but he may be another hour before he gets home. Now I'm going on and searching all of the cards looking for bogus charges.
  • Options
    Hospital. Not because he's injured, but because some little old lady fell down and broke her hip and he saw her lying there all helpless at around 3pm so he tried to take her to the ER. But on the way there, while she was going in and out of consciousness, she started rambling about her cat, Mr. Snicklewitz, who needs to be fed at exactly 4pm every day. FI, being the sweetheart he is, tries to find her house based on the directions she gives him and wound up in another state, because she can't remember where she lives. After spending hours driving in circles, he finally convinces the  apparently senial old lady she doesn't actually HAVE a cat so he can get her to just go to the ER and have her hip taken care of already. He then notices that he's 4 hours late for everything he was planning on doing today, realizes you're probably concerned for his well-being, and feeling so horrible that he may have cause you worry, calls you (From the hospital) to let you know he's ok ... and that its hard work being such a good Samaritan.If that didn't make you laugh, like I had intended, I'm very sorry, I have demented sense of humor sometimes. Hope he's ok!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In this case, it was charged, just out of signal/range. But it does go dead waaay to often for my liking.
  • Options
    I am glad he is okay!
  • Options
    My FI's phone used to be dead way too often for my liking too.  WHen we were in an LDR.  It stopped rather suddenly when I started telling him I was going out and then turning my phone off.  Childish and passive aggressive yes, but it's the only thing that worked as I tried all other approaches as well.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    HAHA Meg - that did make me laugh, mostly because I can actually see that happening. He's a total sucker and has a good heart. He can just be so trying sometimes.
  • Options
    And now my internet has caught up with everybody else's internet, and I see that worked on that story for nothing. EFFIN' COMCAST!!!!!P.S. Glad he's ok.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Not for nothing :) It did make me laugh.
  • Options
    Well then it wasn't a complete waste. Yay me!!!Again very glad he's safe ... and I totally understand the not-charging thing. I'm not sure if this is just a guy thing (Maybe men don't think about being trapped on the side of the road at night), but my FI is extremely charge-phobic. He could have his battery flashing the "LOW BATTERY, CHARGE NOW, YOU IDIOT" message, and he just will NOT plug in based on "Well, the phone is still ON!". Not until it shuts off and cannot be turned on again will he charge the damn thing.

• Options
    Haha...megs story is cute. It reminds me of a knottie that said her FI went to move the car one morning and an old lady on a walker flagged him down and asked for a ride to her son's house It ended up being like 2 towns over or something. So funny. Anyone remember who that was?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards